On Pricing Models (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 02:06 (3223 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by Ragashingo, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 02:13

Refuse to see the problem? I said "Even the collectors edition upgrade (the thing with the emotes), which we both think is priced too high..." Then I (tried to) reference our previous exchanges where I had given you some reasons that the $20 price tag can be seen as something other than hostile. That it being split off was a direct response to the fan base who accomplished something with their complaints. That it being priced where it is represents a $20 price drop. That it was originally meant to be exclusive collectors content and perhaps the high price is an alternate way of keeping it more exclusive than if they were giving it to us for free or selling it for $1. That lowering the price further might undercut the prices of the other editions which are much more fair.

So yes, I agree that three shaders, three emotes, and three class items are not worth $20 if new voice acting and modeling and mission scripting and entire Crucible maps is. But, I also am adamant that there's a lot more going on here than evil Activision being anti-consumer.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread