Destiny feels thread

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 14:24 (3995 days ago) @ Schooly D
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 14:36

I wish people (not just here) would stop getting hyped by concept art and quotes of Bungie employees speaking vaguely about how awesome Destiny will be. I think if people didn't get so hyped by such things, there'd be pressure on Bungie to release more substantive information. (Yes, I realize there's nothing anyone can do about this)

I'm concerned about whether Destiny will be able to successfully court casual and non-gamers (which Bungie has said is their goal with the game) and still provide a game deep enough for hardcore gamers like myself and retsamolah. The needs of the two groups are often very divergent.

I really want to buy a Destiny faction shirt, but since I know nothing about any of the factions or how factions even work in the game, I can't make an informed purchase. What if I buy a Future War Cult shirt, but FWC ends up being a lame organization filled with bronies and redditors?

Does anyone else know these feels? Or does anyone have some feels of their own?

Just to address the easiest point, the people on Bungie/Destiny sites are of course going to be hyped, we're just excited to see ANYTHING related to a new Bungie IP. As far as pressuring Bungie to release more substantive information, I doubt that would work. Giving into pressure like that usually just ends up in showing something that's either not ready to be shown or in creating stuff that isn't actually in the game but shows their vision *cough*Halo 2*cough* (EDIT: in fact it would probably just pressure them to not release information about the game until later in the development cycle)

I don't think I've seen anyone overhyping the thing you are concerned about, mainly I've just seen excitement about the world that they have created so far. Personally I am very hyped, because I want to play in the world they have made concept art for. And from every piece of in game content we've seen, they are doing a good job translating that concept art. Am I concerned about the features they've mentioned? Sure, but I don't see any point in commenting on that until I have something concrete to be worried about.

Hopefully we'll see something about competitive multiplayer at E3 (only 3 weeks!)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread