Destiny feels thread

by Reconcilliation @, Imagination Station, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 16:18 (3993 days ago) @ Schooly D

I wish people (not just here) would stop getting hyped by concept art and quotes of Bungie employees speaking vaguely about how awesome Destiny will be. I think if people didn't get so hyped by such things, there'd be pressure on Bungie to release more substantive information. (Yes, I realize there's nothing anyone can do about this)

I'm concerned about whether Destiny will be able to successfully court casual and non-gamers (which Bungie has said is their goal with the game) and still provide a game deep enough for hardcore gamers like myself and retsamolah. The needs of the two groups are often very divergent.

I really want to buy a Destiny faction shirt, but since I know nothing about any of the factions or how factions even work in the game, I can't make an informed purchase. What if I buy a Future War Cult shirt, but FWC ends up being a lame organization filled with bronies and redditors?

Does anyone else know these feels? Or does anyone have some feels of their own?

I'm really concerned about what platforms are going to be available and who I'll be able to play with.

Microsoft's Xbox One itself concerns me - I have some privacy issues with a telescreen in my home that is always listening and phones in to microsoft once a day (at least). What assurance do I have it doesn't and cannot record conversations or stream audio/video to a microsoft database? Absolutely none.

I don't like that there hasn't been a peep about a PC port from Bungie. The game would probably be pre-ordered right now if there were. Looking at the console options today, I don't really... want any of them. They're too expensive, locked down. I just want to play on my PC these days. At least multiplayer doesn't cost me any extra that way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread