Shouldn't have to have a gimped console without accessories. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 01, 2015, 03:45 (3170 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If you don't get a kinect, you're not really getting an Xbox One. This is still a sweet deal, but you should be damn sure you get that kinect.

I guess I'll never really have an Xbox One, then.
Pretty stupid on Microsoft's end to rip features out just to push their proprietary hardware on us, since PS4 can do pretty much everything a Kinect does (outside of recording your face) without the need for extra hardware.

Is it extremely annoying to live without the quality-of-life that the Kinect permits us to have? Yes.
Is it worth an extra $100? No. They can make it as inconvenient as they want, but they'll break my arm long before they twist it enough for me to give in to their garbage.

That said, given that the most recent Kinectless update made the OS almost tolerable (although I got a good laugh at Sammy's rage when I had to explain to her how to save a capture recently... she is officially never going to like Xbox One, but she wanted to get her Black Ops 3 beta fix in), I'm very hopeful that the NXE coming soon will further separate the Xbox from the Kinect (although I can see how MS would be hesitant to further devalue the crap that they forced upon early adopters).

So yeah, this is an excellent deal, especially if you don't want to jump through extra hoops to get it cheaper.
You just have to tolerate the horrible OS for a couple more months.

Or you could just do yourself a favor and get a PS4 instead. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread