I don't like this :( (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 22:33 (3157 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This makes me feel like the previous DLC is worth less than before.

I started playing Destiny shortly before HoW dropped. I only saw Blades of Crota for a week or so before they disappeared. :(

I mean, it doesn't make sense lore-wise for the Blades to still be running around, or for the Wolves to still be roaming, I guess (we took care of Skolas, but that doesn't mean the rest of them aren't still out there causing havok), but it does feel like it's taking things away from the game in a bad way.

Well, "lore-wise" isn't something Destiny is really strong with. There are nice touches and small details of course (such as Eris knowing when you've beat the Crota raid and her dialogue changes) and I get that it's a living world, but....idk man. For me Destiny is a game of fun for the sake of fun. I don't try to explain or understand things like I do with Halo so it has it's pros and cons.

I don't think it's necessarily bad, though. We'll have the Taken fill a similar role now, I guess. Which is also neat in a way. With every release, they add a different world event that takes over. Hopefully we'll have a reason to go back to Mars now.

I don't know. I guess I just hoped this stuff would stay around longer, or maybe even rotate in. It makes the world feel more busy, like there is stuff to do and you don't have to wait.

I mean, the DLC is now less than it was before in this regard.

You can actually miss content, and never get to play it, even if you paid for it.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable. Perhaps it's the price to be paid for an always online and changing games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread