Well crap

by davidfuchs ⌂, USA, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 12:02 (3972 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

E3 is right around the corner, and a handful of DBO staffers will be there to witness the proceedings. While I won't foolishly promise tons of video coverage, it's quite likely we'll have some sort of camera on hand whenever permissible.

Here's how you can add some class to our community footage: Help us create a title card (e.g. intro animation) for official DBO videos!

• Try to incorporate the DBO logo, if possible. (logo vector file here)
  • You don't have to stick to the colors shown above.
  • Adding text with "DBO" or "Destiny.Bungie.Org" is something to consider, but is optional. I believe the title font used on the front page is Century Gothic.
  • Sound is NOT necessary, though feel free to add sound effects if you wish.
  • If you need an example, this intro was chosen at HBO a few years ago. (I think Hitmonchan planned to use it for HaloFest coverage.)
  • Don't include the E3 logo (or any Bungie trademark) so that we can use this intro for later videos. (e.g. PAX)

If we decide to use something you created, you'll get a free DBO shirt! (Once shirts are available, that is. It should be relatively soon - we've got a design we like and have already started work on a limited test run of shirts. More details to come in a week or two.)

Please keep in mind, this isn't a contest - it's a bounty. That means we could end up going with multiple entries, or none at all. Anyone that creates something we decide to use will get a shirt though.

Technical details:

• Please render all video/animations at 720p or above.
  • Keep it short - roughly 5-10 seconds.
  • Upload your video to YouTube (or any similar video service); if we choose to use it, we'll figure out a way for you to get us the original file.

Tentative Deadline: Monday, June 10th. (Though as soon as you have something worth showing off feel free to post a link to it in this thread. This is a collaboration, not a contest! Sorry for the short notice; hopefully we can get this together before E3 starts, but Monday is not a strict deadline if more time is needed.)

Bonus project: Make a clip with a 3D/extruded version of the DBO logo that we can shrink and put in the corner of a video. (Be sure to use alpha channels for transparency!)

I'd love to do this but I'm about to go on a weeklong vacation and won't be back until the 11th. I'm pretty sure I could bang out something soon after that, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread