DURABLE headset and mic? (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 11:30 (3171 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I can't really recommend the A50s though. They sound amazing, but it has nothing but issues when actually using the mic. It causes a very noticeable echo for everyone in the party (except for me!). I've tried every solution I've seen and nothing has fixed it.

Weird. I hadn't actually heard of this. I've had my A50s since about a year before the Xbone launched and haven't had anyone mention an echo. Was I echoing during the raid last week?

-Disciple

I don't know, I took your spot. :P

I don't think so, though, because everyone immediately mentioned it when I joined, and it's been a problem throughout our party's entire Raid.

A Google search shows that it's at least relatively common. I updated the firmware for the headset and the mixamp, and switched from the A50 mic cable to the Xbox Chat adapter (The mic cable seems to be the cause of some problems), but no dice. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and send my equipment to Astro to get looked at, I think.

I love the headset overall. It's extremely comfortable over long periods and sounds absolutely fantastic. I just can't use it when I'm in a party, and that sucks.

Also, I just reread your post, and I think most of the problems come form having the "Xbox One" version of the A50, which aren't any different, except for the mic cable and adapter, which seems to be the issue for most. Replacing it usually fixes the problem, but it didn't for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread