I was a Big Little Boy yesterday...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 10:20 (3971 days ago)

Hanging out with Wu, Grim1, Tex, Duncan, Biggy and others, I can't say thanks enough for the awesome fun afternoon! It was my first big convention-type thing, and first time meeting some more awesome people from a community I know and love.

Even though she doesn't read either forum, I have to go on record with a HUGE Thank You to my wife and her mom, who watched our 2-month-old allowing me to go. My family ROCKS!

I'll be uploading my vlog for yesterday as soon as it's done exporting, so stay tuned for that. It's got some cool cameos and impromptu "interviews" (if you can call what I do 'interviewing') with some pretty awesome people. Like I said; I was a Big Little Kid yesterday. :D

After everything Sony said about used games, price and their approach to "being online", and how much they seem to be courting Bungie, I'm actually leaning more towards a PS4 than an XBone; a situation I NEVER expected to be in! The silver lining is though, to play Destiny, you don't have to buy a next-gen console, which is nice. That being said, if/when I do end up getting one, it's VERY likely that it WON'T be an XBone.

Now for more Destiny-specific things...

To anyone who saw the reveal and were still left saying, "yeah, and?", let me just repeat what SEVERAL Bungie peeps said at the afterparty; wait 'til you play it. Wait 'til you can actually experience the moment when you and a bunch of other people you don't know are minding your own business, and something happens in the area that just pulls you all together...like a tank dropping in from the sky, forcing you all to work together to stay alive. Wait 'til you play and realize that the "pregame lobby" is no more, and that the world of Destiny that you wander, that in fact IS the "pregame lobby". To be clear, I didn't actually experience any of that; we didn't get to play Destiny. Wu said it best though: "When I hear Jason Jones say how excited HE is about something, I get excited, I know it's gonna be something cool." (I may have paraphrased from memory a tad, there was beer...nearby...) :)

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Suffice it to say, I had an AWESOME day yesterday, and I am SUPER excited for Destiny!!

Click here for my pics of the day

Here's a few highlights. :)

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread