I still have no idea what kind of game Destiny is

by Chris101b @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:56 (3944 days ago)

I enjoyed the gameplay reveal yesterday and I enjoyed the trailer even more! But I find myself in this weird kind of mood in which I am excited for the game, but I still feel like I don't know a lot of the basics still.

Bungie made it sound like the reveal at E3 was going to answer a lot of our questions, but it really just added a ton more. Is the game open world or can you travel to different areas that are pretty large and open? Can you freely roam the city, or is that all just artwork? Is the "Vast frontier" beyond the wall accessible to the player? Is each level played like a level or is it all open world?

From the gameplay, it looked as if two people started outside the wall, but when they got past it, there were a dozen others waiting. So were these people already beyond the wall? Did they teleport in? Did they too start where the demo started?

Mainly most of my questions involve if the game is truly open world or not, but I think it is something that Bungie needs to address, because I honestly can't be the only one who is confused. Other than those few questions, I am extremely excited for this game and can't wait to hear more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread