I still have no idea what kind of game Destiny is

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 15:45 (3970 days ago) @ Chris101b

I have a bit of a theory of what Destiny will be like.

As a frame of reference: Did you every play the multiplayer in Red Dead Redemption?

It was janky, rough around the edges, full of exploits and frustrations... but there was a little spark of brilliance at it's core.

You would be thrown in to the open world map. From there you could jump on your horse, find any of your friends that were also online, and group up together. As your posse rides across the desert, you'd encounter other players; some in groups, some on their own, each going there own way. The map was filled with various types of destinations, each triggering a specific mission. You might ride to a nearby gang hideout and find a group of random players already in the midst of a shootout. You could join in, or go on your way. Other locations were the sites of team-deathmatch style arenas; traveling to these locations would enter you seamlessly into a competitive multiplayer match.

When I think about what it will feel like to play Destiny, I imagine this sort of a structure but far more grand and expansive. More to do. More to see. More threats. More options. But always alive and in a constant state of flux and activity.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread