Speaking of ... a comparison to Destiny (Gaming)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 00:03 (3120 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Agreed.

I was actually a bit surprised when I got my Xbone and started playing the MCC. Halo 1 is still Halo 1, aka: My favorite FPS of all time... but the others? They feel light and floaty and firing the guns is missing kick and bounce and weight. Reach made a definite move back to a better feel, in my opinion, and Halo 4 was better as well, it's other various problems not withstanding.

Really, I find it amusing at how much my views have changed on some things in the past two years. Before Destiny I was against the mechanic of aiming down the sights and completely recharging health. To me, Halo 1 and Reach got things right and based on my bad experiences with things call Call of Duty and even Crysis where I never felt like I could even find enemies much less shoot them without aiming. Then Destiny comes out and it all clicks and works and is awesome.

The reason Destiny is still around a year later is because, if nothing else, Bungie completely nailed the core base gameplay in ways I wasn't sure were even possible.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread