How's the PvE? (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 12:24 (3090 days ago) @ someotherguy

The beta left me horribly disappointed. Couldn't stand the PvP after playing something so polished for the last year.

I found myself really loving the gameplay in the Beta. I thought it felt pretty great to just be able to run and gun and not have to be amazingly skilled to do well or have to worry about all sorts of upgrades and mods and perks. It really felt like a callback to an earlier era of gaming (a very pretty callback!). Whether that's a good thing is obviously up for debate. I personally loved it, but I can definitely see it wearing thin after a week or so. As much as I enjoyed the Beta, I just don't see myself playing it for long enough to warrant a purchase, especially in this already game-rich fall.

But I've always loved the grand PvE battles in Battlefront. If they're still as good as they used to be I could see myself buying it for them and ignoring the PvP altogether.

I don't own it so can't say for sure, but from what I've heard it's pretty minimal, and if you don't plan on playing PvP extensively, probably not enough to warrant a purchase.

While I won't be picking it up myself, I'm glad that it seems like a pretty solid release that will provide a lot of fun for people (and hopefully sell well enough to warrant a sequel!). They absolutely nailed the Star Wars aesthetic, especially with the sounds. I've never felt more like I was IN Star Wars than when playing this game, and that's nearly enough to get me to rush out and buy it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread