Seriously? *EDIT* (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 20:30 (3078 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE
edited by cheapLEY, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 20:35

I bet the year hold on content was a compromise rather than holding entire expansions hostage for a month like Call of Duty is doing.

I would prefer that. Instead, we wait a whole year, only to get things that are useless. Hawkmoon is terrible now, and definitely not the fun weapon that PS4 user's got to play with for a year. 4th Horseman is still good, I guess.

I don't the exclusive IB gear is going to be anything amazing that I'll feel super butthurt about missing out on, but I almost guarantee it'll be not worth having a year from now (If Xbox users even get it at all).

Like I said, I don't really care all that much. It's all small, little things, but it just starting to all add up. It's hard not to be slightly upset about it.

How long will the games industry continue on this path? I feel like maybe the whole pre-order/season pass bullshit is going to come to a head soon with things like Arkham Knight releasing to be completely unplayable, and the DLC being not very impressive. Maybe enough people will learn from stuff like that and stop pre-ordering and buying season passes, but people are stupid, so I doubt it. It's just a fucking bummer to see the industry the way it is. I don't WANT to distrust developers and publishers and think they're all out to fuck me out of my money, but it's getting more and more difficult to not feel cynical about it all.

I just want to buy games and play them and not feel like I'm getting shafted because I didn't buy it on the "right" console. Fuck me, right?

EDIT: That being said, Sparrow Racing League does look absolutely awesome (and I hated the Race gametype in Halo. Rocket Race was fun occasionally). I'm really not as butthurt as that post made it seem, I've just been kinda down on how anti-consumer gaming seems to be sometimes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread