Relevant, but not applicable. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 21:35 (3089 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Funkmon, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 21:52

Unless I misunderstood SIX min WHISTLE, he's referring to the Destiny PS userbase versus the Destiny Xbox userbase. I'd like to see numbers.

I don't think it can safely be assumed that the PS4's sales numbers lead to greater numbers of Destiny players. Not only did Bingle carry over players from its Halo days, a huge number, but traditionally, Playstation sells much better in regions where FPS games like Destiny sell poorly.

Furthermore, "pretty clearly second class because of the smaller userbase" would require a significant difference to be pretty clear, maybe 60-40 at the low end. This, to me, is interesting, so I'd like a source to examine further. I did some quick searches of the numbers, and all I can find are numbers stating that Destiny in fact did sell better on Xbox as pre-orders. I can't find any other numbers, and new numbers are needed for me to form an opinion.

While PS4's larger worldwide marketshare is usually sourced well, the same sources say that in markets like North America, where FPS games sell well, the numbers are much closer.

So, in speculative growth of playerbase, I'm not sure it's so clear that the Xbox is a second class ecosystem, and I'm even less sure of its status as one for returning customers for DLC and whatnot.

So, I'd like to look into it and get details. I cannot find the numbers you guys have. I am not doubting anyone, but I am lacking the requisite information.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread