Go Fast Update – 1.1.4 – Developer Commentary (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, March 26, 2018, 11:48 (2236 days ago)

Still mad at Hamrick for the D1 transfusion nerf.

Looks very promising

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, March 26, 2018, 11:49 (2236 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Go Fast Update – 1.1.4 – Developer Commentary

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 26, 2018, 12:36 (2236 days ago) @ CyberKN

The "commentary" is mostly just fluff, but the footage seems promising (especially for Dawnblade!). Can't wait to see how this changes the dynamic of PvE as well; I've longed for a sniper buff since day 1.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, March 26, 2018, 12:47 (2236 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

As someone who has well documented his observation that Dawnblade was/is crap, this above .gif gives cause for me to... I don't know. But it's good. And I like it, so we'll see I suppose. All in all,I'm really looking forward to this update. Shame there is no update for UI/Vault stuffs too, but I guess that would make this update too perfect.

(And also heres my opportunity for a shameless Fireteam Builder plug! Yay!)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:02 (2236 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

As someone who has well documented his observation that Dawnblade was/is crap, this above .gif gives cause for me to... I don't know. But it's good. And I like it, so we'll see I suppose. All in all,I'm really looking forward to this update. Shame there is no update for UI/Vault stuffs too, but I guess that would make this update too perfect.

You might not have realized that your event conflicts with a popular event that's been up for weeks. Not trying to discourage you. Just saying.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:17 (2236 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

You might not have realized that your event conflicts with a popular event that's been up for weeks. Not trying to discourage you. Just saying.

Keep in mind that that popular event is for an event that won't launch until next week. Chickens assumed IB would drop with the update, but according to Bungie's Schedule, this isn't the case. Still, Insane is looking for two folks to go through campaign, and the existing event is PvP-focused.

by Robot Chickens, Monday, March 26, 2018, 14:40 (2236 days ago) @ Korny

Keep in mind that that popular event is for an event that won't launch until next week. Chickens assumed IB would drop with the update, but according to Bungie's Schedule, this isn't the case. Still, Insane is looking for two folks to go through campaign, and the existing event is PvP-focused.

Thanks for pointing that out! My event has been moved. Btw, where did you see the schedule for IB?

Thanks All. :)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, March 26, 2018, 15:17 (2236 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:39 (2236 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Dawnblade is actually my go-to PVP subclass. I am HYPED!

I'm excited and a bit nervous at the same time

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 26, 2018, 14:51 (2236 days ago) @ CyberKN

I like a lot of what they're saying/showing. The fact that they're balancing "up" instead of down (not that this is always the best way to go, but I think in D2's case it makes sense). The increased speed sounds great, too. Should help make the game feel snappier and more exciting.

The increased super power and recharge speed has me worried about the PvP side. I thought D1's crucible was a bit of a trainwreck due to all the super spam, and I'm not crazy about seeing D2 return to that. But maybe the increased mobility will help counter them better. Should be great for PvE too.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, March 26, 2018, 15:52 (2236 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I like a lot of what they're saying/showing. The fact that they're balancing "up" instead of down (not that this is always the best way to go, but I think in D2's case it makes sense). The increased speed sounds great, too. Should help make the game feel snappier and more exciting.

The increased super power and recharge speed has me worried about the PvP side. I thought D1's crucible was a bit of a trainwreck due to all the super spam, and I'm not crazy about seeing D2 return to that. But maybe the increased mobility will help counter them better. Should be great for PvE too.

Heavy and special ammo kept supers in check for Destiny I think. But that was when we had two slots capable of shutting down a super in one shot.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 06:04 (2235 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Heavy and special ammo kept supers in check for Destiny I think. But that was when we had two slots capable of shutting down a super in one shot.

I'm okay with this. We now have 1 slot that shuts down supers in 1 shot and 1 slot that shuts down supers if you have 2 people and suck :-)

Mind you, guns are going to be much less effective now against supers cause good luck hitting them at this speed. However, it will be easier to run away maybe?

I'm nervous and a bit excited at the same time

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 06:55 (2235 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don't think my KD is going to go up. I was one of those rare people who liked how D2 encouraged team work.

I'm nervous and a bit excited at the same time

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 07:43 (2235 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by MacAddictXIV, Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 07:46

I don't think my KD is going to go up. I was one of those rare people who liked how D2 encouraged team work.

I agree. I just hope this pacifies those lone rangers who don't like how D2 plays (teamwork) but still makes teamwork a fundamental element to this game. We shall find out.

[Edit] I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing on you lone rangers. I just still have PTSD from ungodly players who will just steam roll our team solo by quick scoping snipers or something while their team mates emote teabag my dead body. I'm really happy D2 is the way it is because I am primarily a team player and not a lone ranger.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread