From the Update | I Feel the NEED... (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 16:00 (2268 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 16:06

From the Bungie Update:

We’ve begun playtesting a series of changes that you will have in your hands in the next few months. Sandbox is lovingly begun to refer to this series of changes as the “Go Fast Update.” These are the changes we are currently playtesting. They’re not guaranteed to ship, but the outlook is good at this point.

Our goals for this round are to provide individual players with more hero moments by increasing overall speed and mobility, increasing the amount of supers you charge to demolish your enemies, and increasing the frequency and impact of our most montage worthy power weapons, especially in the Crucible.
Here’s what we’re doing:

• All three glides plus Catapult and Strafe Lift have been retuned and buffed to >make them more unique and faster.

• The mobility stat has had its range expanded and been completely retuned as well. In short, everyone gets faster and the high end is higher.

• The players’ ground speed cap has been increased, allowing for faster total movement speed, regardless of how you may get there.

• Arcstrider, Sentinel, and Striker all move faster, and at the same speed as one another, while in their Supers.

• Arcstrider, as a whole, is performing well in PvP but mostly due to its neutral game perks. We’ve made the following changes in an effort to get the Super to be a more competitive option:
    • Faster Attack Animations.
    • Faster Dodge Animations.
    • Increased range of all attacks.

• Supers recharge faster for everyone!

• We’ve buffed several weapon archetypes (including, but not limited to, Hand >Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Shotguns) and a few specific perks, as >well.
    • A key goal here is to make Shotguns, Snipers, and Fusion rifles more prevalent in the game.

• We’ve also been working side-by-side with our friends on PvP to increase the pace of PvP combat and the frequency of power play. Here’s a sneak peek at their hard work:
    • Player respawn times for all Quickplay modes have been decreased.
    • Power Ammo respawn timers for all Quickplay modes have been reduced ~30%.
    • Power Ammo respawn timers in Survival have been reduced ~40%.
    • Power Ammo respawn timers in Countdown have been reduced ~25%.
    • Ammo counts have been adjusted in relation to these timers, and in relation to weapon type.

• Enemy players now drop their power ammo on death.
    • The dropped brick is available to anyone until picked up or 30 seconds have passed.

TL;DR

I felt a sudden need to re-post this. Not only because it felt right relevant (and is AWESOME), but because I'm actually hyped about these proposed changes!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D

I hope this ships.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread