So, Bungie day isn’t a thing anymore, huh? (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 09:52 (2120 days ago)

I’m looking around and all I can find is one of the b.net mods posted some fan art wallpapers they made.

It is, it was on the July roadmap and...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 10:02 (2120 days ago) @ Vortech

...they mentioned on Twitter they would talk about it at 10AM PDT(so any minute now)

And the Store was just updated too

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 10:15 (2120 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

And the Store was just updated too

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 10:18 (2120 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm a bit sad that Music of the Spheres is sold out :-/

Why does the Bungie store suck so hard?

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, July 08, 2018, 18:14 (2118 days ago) @ Xenos

It's been a day. The 7th Column shirt is sold out. Did they make like a hundred of the fucking things or what? This is a chronic issue with their merch, and it sucks.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, July 09, 2018, 08:36 (2118 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Oh, that IS disappointing. I chose not to pick one up because I figured the run would be on the ramen shirts and I could come back for one whenever. Oh well.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, July 09, 2018, 14:03 (2117 days ago) @ Malagate

The Hot Sauce Ramen shirts were out of my size within a couple of hours. I was disappointed greatly.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 09, 2018, 19:24 (2117 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The Hot Sauce Ramen shirts were out of my size within a couple of hours. I was disappointed greatly.

Just order one in stock, and gain or lose the appropriate amount of weight. Be proactive!

by Harmanimus @, Monday, July 09, 2018, 22:33 (2117 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But then I wouldn’t fit my excessive volume of other Bungie shirts. I guess I’ll just have to wait for a restock.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 12:45 (2115 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Just order one in stock, and gain or lose the appropriate amount of weight. Be proactive!

I'd also have to remove some vertebrae.

If you really want a hot ramen shirt...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 13:06 (2115 days ago) @ Harmanimus

You have one hour to pick up an alternative. :P

7th Column Tee has special printed tag, "seven is darker" <3

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, July 12, 2018, 15:33 (2114 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

seven is darker *IMG*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, July 13, 2018, 16:25 (2113 days ago) @ Pyromancy
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, July 13, 2018, 16:42

Store Photo/Render - No tag
[image]

[image]
LED flash makes the color look a bit odd

(please localize images if possible - Store hotlink and poor free photo host for phone picture)

Newspost on Bungie Day

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 10:23 (2120 days ago) @ Xenos

Moments of Triumph

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 10:34 (2120 days ago) @ Xenos

Reach Rank 50 with the Vanguard in Season 3.

[image]

Looks like I gotta find my grindin' boots.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 16:44 (2119 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I want Zavala's ship anyway.

Depending on what those hidden events are, getting that t-shirt my be a challenge. I'm at 80 points on Xbox and 100 on PS4.

Gotta find all the world chests and memory fragments, that should be relatively easy. Valor isn't going to happen. Hopefully I'll get a Spire of Stars completion, and I'd like to start getting into Escalation Protocol.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 17:05 (2119 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Depending on what those hidden events are, getting that t-shirt my be a challenge. I'm at 80 points on Xbox and 100 on PS4.

Gotta find all the world chests and memory fragments, that should be relatively easy. Valor isn't going to happen. Hopefully I'll get a Spire of Stars completion, and I'd like to start getting into Escalation Protocol.

If you have time before reset Valor goes REALLY fast with the 3x. I was on rank 4, and now I'm on rank 3 again after less than 3 hours of playing Crucible.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 18:36 (2119 days ago) @ Xenos

If you have time before reset Valor goes REALLY fast with the 3x. I was on rank 4, and now I'm on rank 3 again after less than 3 hours of playing Crucible.

That's still way too much Crucible, at least solo. I generally liked playing Crucible with a team, but I can't stand playing solo. I get frustrated too easily. ):

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 19:34 (2119 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That's still way too much Crucible, at least solo. I generally liked playing Crucible with a team, but I can't stand playing solo. I get frustrated too easily. ):

Been playing mostly Solo competitive. Only 250 points to go until Redrix's Claymore. It's not so bad! Just take it in stride and have fun while doing it.

When does season 3 end?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, July 13, 2018, 13:07 (2113 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Other than blowing through Warmind on the PC, i haven't touched destiny since december. I finally plugged my xbox back up a couple of weeks ago to download updates, but I still haven't had time to play.

Looking at the my current points, I am at 60 out of 400 on Xbox and 80/400 on PC. I haven't missed out on a MoT shirt yet, so i guess i better get crackin'

When does season 3 end?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 13, 2018, 13:12 (2113 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Season 3 ends when Forsaken drops, but you only have until August 28th to finish the Triumphs.

When does season 3 end?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, July 13, 2018, 13:22 (2113 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Other than blowing through Warmind on the PC, i haven't touched destiny since december. I finally plugged my xbox back up a couple of weeks ago to download updates, but I still haven't had time to play.

Looking at the my current points, I am at 60 out of 400 on Xbox and 80/400 on PC. I haven't missed out on a MoT shirt yet, so i guess i better get crackin'

I'm grinding through Vanguard ranks on Xbox if you want to join up sometime.

When does season 3 end?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Saturday, July 14, 2018, 17:16 (2112 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Thanks. I'm at 304 light at the moment. I need to play thru the dlc forest and get kinda caught up.

When does season 3 end?

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 14, 2018, 17:21 (2112 days ago) @ Schedonnardus
edited by cheapLEY, Saturday, July 14, 2018, 17:48

Thanks. I'm at 304 light at the moment. I need to play thru the dlc forest and get kinda caught up.

I'm down for that, too. My Titan has only done the first mission of both Curse of Osiris and Warmind to open up the patrol zone.

EDIT: If you want to do something some evening, and I'm not on, just send a message. I just bought Octopath Traveler for Switch, so there's a good chance I'll be doing that, but I should catch messages on my computer.

+1 here

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 08:36 (2110 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It's better to leave CoO for last, though, since it drops about 2 or 3 powerful gear that go all the way to 385

So Solstice of Heroes is just Moments of Triumph.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 10:38 (2120 days ago) @ Xenos

With more reskinned content, and yet another one of those rehashed Warlock helmets. Love the creativity.

Always with the positive attitude!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 11:04 (2120 days ago) @ Korny

That's making a premature assumption. They mentioned that when it begins Triumps will be available in game and that some will not launch until then, they also say that it's not the only rewards you'll earn in Solstice of Heroes, so let's just wait and see being judging shall we?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 11:16 (2120 days ago) @ Xenos

That's making a premature assumption... so let's just wait and see being judging shall we?

That's fair... Then again, this is Bungie we're talking about here, who are trying to decide whether their new motto should be either

"We love to overhype content that we'll be apologizing for later because We're Listening."

or

"We love to destroy what little goodwill we have with the community, but hey, new stuff is up for sale!"

... Maybe it's just that I've been paying attention for the past four years, but I don't think they're showing us the mere tip of the iceberg... But hey, I'll eat a Funkmon sock if the Solstice of Heroes blows us away!

Maybe I'm just spoiled. How fitting that Bungie Day is the very day that DE unveils the next major update for Warframe (less than a week after the last big update).

But like I said, I really hope I'm wrong, and SoH is fantastic new content!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 11:43 (2119 days ago) @ Korny

That's making a premature assumption... so let's just wait and see being judging shall we?

That's fair... Then again, this is Bungie we're talking about here, who are trying to decide whether their new motto should be either

"We love to overhype content that we'll be apologizing for later because We're Listening."

or

"We love to destroy what little goodwill we have with the community, but hey, new stuff is up for sale!"

... Maybe it's just that I've been paying attention for the past four years, but I don't think they're showing us the mere tip of the iceberg... But hey, I'll eat a Funkmon sock if the Solstice of Heroes blows us away!

Maybe I'm just spoiled. How fitting that Bungie Day is the very day that DE unveils the next major update for Warframe (less than a week after the last big update).

But like I said, I really hope I'm wrong, and SoH is fantastic new content!

I feel that you are setting up a strawman of an argument here. Either SoH is fantastic new content or Bungie is destroying goodwill? Why can’t this just be a fun reason to play back through the content with friends? At the very least, try to keep your made up expectations realistic. The next big Destiny content drop is coming, it is looking good so far, but this isn’t it. And that’s ok.

Dude, it’s Bungie day. Can you save the trolling for later?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 11:07 (2120 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

For the first time in I don't know how long...

by Avateur @, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 18:08 (2119 days ago) @ Vortech

I totally forgot about Bungie Day. Whenever it was summer, I was always looking forward to Bungie Day. Plenty of years of great memories and moments. But wow, until I just came to DBO and saw the front page, the thought never even crossed my mind. Welp, this day sure has fallen off compared to in the past.

Times Have Changed, My Man.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, July 07, 2018, 20:10 (2119 days ago) @ Avateur

We've come a long way from the steaks. ;-)

Like I said earlier, I don't expect a personal in-home visit or some extravagant luxury. True, Bungie doesn't have to do anything, but a nice little in-game surprise is next to nothing, and it would make for an excellent landmark in a humble celebration of creator and community.

I can't find the post, unfortunately since it was a long time ago and I don't remember the title, but for one Bungie Day(during Destiny 1) I shared what I thought was a silly yet neat little fantasy that Bungie likely could've indulged in—either a day where the exotic equip limit was removed, allowing players to equip as many Exotics as they wished, or for all enemies, including Strike and Raid bosses, to have only 1 HP.

Both ideas were immediately and unanimously shot down of course, but the common denominator was that those were both in-game. Something that could theoretically be turned on/off with a simple switch. That specifically was what I was talking about last time--a fun or exciting in-game treat for people to enjoy. I know people feel the same way, since everyone agreed the moment someone else said it--but I hardly consider it ungrateful to ask for some digital gift that would honestly take a small amount of effort.

Let me leave this particular question on the table. And no, it's not meant to be a troll or dick out some rude attitude--I'm asking because I'm genuinely asking, curious to the response people will have, especially considering that I personally don't remember at all—Does anyone here remember what gifts were given each year since Bungie Day 2015, other than the Community 'Thank You' compilation video?

The one where Venus is no longer able to be visited

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, July 08, 2018, 08:21 (2119 days ago) @ Morpheus

Both ideas were immediately and unanimously shot down of course, but the common denominator was that those were both in-game. Something that could theoretically be turned on/off with a simple switch. That specifically was what I was talking about last time--a fun or exciting in-game treat for people to enjoy. I know people feel the same way, since everyone agreed the moment someone else said it--but I hardly consider it ungrateful to ask for some digital gift that would honestly take a small amount of effort.

I think if the past years have taught us anything about Destiny it's that they do not have the ability to make quick adjustments to the game even if those changes seem minor to us. But, yes, I would have liked something in-game.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread