So............Is That It? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, July 08, 2015, 02:14 (3276 days ago) @ Xenos

What were you expecting? I don't know if you know the history of Bungie day, but there are NEVER major things released. The biggest thing ever released, in my opinion, is the Marathon 2 release on XBL. It is always more a celebration about the Community (which the 30 minutes video did a great job celebrating) not about getting free stuff from Bungie.

Cold Storage was HUGE. That was the best thing that ever happened to me. I guess simply because Chill Out is my favorite Halo 1 map(other than Infinity), but still--faithfully remaking a map in a new game is a pretty big deal. I know that was worked on by a good number of people, so that could still be considered big. Not to mention the 7 player FFA map on Cold Storage only. That was a pure gold dream come true.

Looking at the rest of the Halo prizes, Bungie made Blastacular free(not that those were any good, but still--maps), a non-stop Bungie vs. World playlist for a chance at permanent Recon, actual Recon for a day, and Permanent Eternal Flame unlocks for Reach, along with the 30,000 cR jackpot.

OH! And the steak! LITERALLY, a steak. A full-blown Omaha(expensive as all unholy get-out) STEAK.

(I didn't get one, but a person could win one, that's the point.)

That is BEYOND major. That's food. Bungie literally fed some people.

Now, I wasn't expecting stuff THAT big, but something to look forward to, as they had hinted.

Had to work early today, and every second I could do so without getting caught, I was checking these forums(and B.net) to see if there were any excited posts about what Bungie was offering.

Nothing!

It was nice to get my shirt, and it's good to see that the Armory's already messing up, but seriously, today was "meh".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread