Solstice armor (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 11:53 (2098 days ago)

[image]

Le sigh.

Crucible required? Barf.

I wonder if you have to meet the requirements on ALL the green pieces in order to upgrade any of them to the next level? Or, perhaps, each one upgrades individually? I was only on for my lunch break so I didn't really have time to find out. The answer will determine whether I bother with any of this.

Solstice armor

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 11:59 (2098 days ago) @ stabbim

[image]

Le sigh.

Crucible required? Barf.

I wonder if you have to meet the requirements on ALL the green pieces in order to upgrade any of them to the next level? Or, perhaps, each one upgrades individually? I was only on for my lunch break so I didn't really have time to find out. The answer will determine whether I bother with any of this.

Prestige Leviathan will ultimately be a requirement too by the way.

Solstice armor

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 12:21 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Huh. I'm certainly not a very serious raider, I dunno if that would ever happen. Maybe it's best if the Crucible thing stops me early on.

Edit: Sorry if this is a downer thread, I'm not really very worried about it. I actually care a lot more about trying to get some masterwork cores than I do about any of this stuff. It just annoys me when Bungie tries to prod me into playing Crucible.

Solstice armor

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 13:22 (2098 days ago) @ stabbim

Solstice armor

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 13:33 (2098 days ago) @ bluerunner

As a filthy casual, seeing all the steps for each piece was a bit disheartening!

You're not the only one.

by BlackstarBSP, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 15:30 (2098 days ago) @ Oholiab

:/

Didn't we just spend the entire game since release trying to level up our current set(s) of gear, only to be rewarded with leveling up a whole new set?

It's like winning a marathon and our prize is to run back as fast as we can to the starting line.

Solstice armor

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 14:25 (2098 days ago) @ bluerunner

Thanks Blue! Here's a quick table I made up from that list to help myself. I did it for the purpose of eliminating pieces with Crucible requirements, but one could copy it and use it for other stuff, I guess. I don't guarantee that everything is accurately transcribed, but it should be unless I missed a text-to-columns snafu.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vbz11O2gRS7SnjPIlRVRPUvBWpxgH_JEVGiMJZfQaqU/edit?usp=sharing

And, if you're Crucible averse like me, here's the list I wound up with after eliminating pieces which had Crucible stuff at either step:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C4OvDeCam-qBUUoIo-n6I6JQuys-9vmMTutKWk-vx4A/edit?usp=sharing

All 3 classes have the same number of total Crucible-related steps if you were to upgrade all pieces, but because of the way they're distributed, the Warlocks have 1 more Crucible-free piece than the other classes.

Solstice armor

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 20:45 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The really difficult stuff is only for the Masterworked versions, it looks like. If you do your milestones every week, it looks like that will get you most of the way to completing the base 400 set.

As mentioned, Mayhem will be back, so you can honestly probably knock out those Crucible requirements within an hour. I know you hate Crucible, stabbim, but if you want this stuff, I'm sure we can get a Mayhem squad together and just grind it out pretty quickly.

Solstice armor

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 21:57 (2098 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I appreciate the offer, truly, but TBH I kind of wear my non-participation as a badge of honor at this point. Bungie has this idea that they can entice me to like something I don't like, and if I start playing Crucible, I worry that the data will tell them their enticements are working. Then they'll just do it more.

Real talk, I know my single act of protest isn't going to give them any revelations. That's not how data science works. But I still don't want to contribute my time to any Crucible numbers.

Solstice armor

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 01, 2018, 19:58 (2097 days ago) @ stabbim

I appreciate the offer, truly, but TBH I kind of wear my non-participation as a badge of honor at this point. Bungie has this idea that they can entice me to like something I don't like, and if I start playing Crucible, I worry that the data will tell them their enticements are working. Then they'll just do it more.

Real talk, I know my single act of protest isn't going to give them any revelations. That's not how data science works. But I still don't want to contribute my time to any Crucible numbers.

I get where you coming from. If you don't like something, don't do it. The gear is neat and fun, but it's not worth suffering through something you don't want to play. I don't hate Crucible that much, so I'll play a few Mayhem matches to get it done and be content, I suppose.

Solstice armor

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 13:37 (2098 days ago) @ stabbim

Yeah, that sucks.

I get it, it’s supposed to encompass all of Destiny. I don’t know the answer to “fix” this, but I don’t like feeling forced into playing Crucible either. I really wish there was more separation to the two modes. Rather than requiring everyone to play everything, there should be multiple paths to acquiring this stuff.

I might try and jump into some Crucible with a group to knock it out, but I’m not sure yet.

I wonder if private matches would count for this—I am not above cheesing it.

Solstice armor

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 13:57 (2098 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I wonder if private matches would count for this—I am not above cheesing it.

I can't say for certain about whether the crucible kills requirements work in private matches, but at least for turning your "Rekindled" (340 power) set into "Resplendant" (400 power), the chestpiece requires, "win five non-private Crucible matches". I highly doubt that the other crucible-related requirements will work in private matches either. Also, of note, to turn your Resplendant legs into Masterworked Resplendant legs, you gotta "Reach the Valor rank of Legend in the Crucible."

Solstice armor

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 13:59 (2098 days ago) @ stabbim

[image]

Le sigh.

Crucible required? Barf.

Judging from the way it tracks individual armor pieces, it looks like it's per character, and if you're running three characters, you will need to:

-Get 30 regular kills in Crucible.
-Get 90 Super kills in Crucible.
-Win 15 non-private Crucible matches.
-Reach Legend Rank in Crucible (Valor).

Here's hoping you only have to do some of the requirements once... And that they have another 3x XP weekend.

Solstice armor

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 14:18 (2098 days ago) @ stabbim

You know, you might have a group willing to help this weekend...

If Crucible is a no-go you won't be doing any of it

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 22:52 (2098 days ago) @ stabbim

Armor progresses as a set. You have to get all 5 pieces done to upgrade.

The drake tank mission is great for farming orbs

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 06:39 (2096 days ago) @ stabbim

I noticed last night, that kills with the drake were dropping solar and void orbs (i had voidwalker equipped, so maybe that's why).

On the big cavern room with the bridges and two cabal tanks, you can kill most of the enemies, pick up orbs, wipe and repeat.

I didn't test to see if the drake would generate arc orbs with stormcaller equipped, but i assume it would.

sidebar: i can't say "the drake" without thinking of Seinfeld

[image]

The drake tank mission is great for farming orbs

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 07:28 (2096 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I didn't test to see if the drake would generate arc orbs with stormcaller equipped, but i assume it would.

It does.

Also, this mission gives you a TON of experience because there are so many orange and yellow bars. I think I almost got 2 levels just playing solo.

FYI, you don't have to wear full set on redux missions

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 08:54 (2096 days ago) @ stabbim

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/93t3e2/a_bunch_of_things_to_make_the_solstice_of_heroes/

You can wear just the 1 piece of armor for that mission. That means that you can raise your light level, wear exotics, and up your resistance/recovery.

FYI, you don't have to wear full set on redux missions

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 08:56 (2096 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/93t3e2/a_bunch_of_things_to_make_the_solstice_of_heroes/

You can wear just the 1 piece of armor for that mission. That means that you can raise your light level, wear exotics, and up your resistance/recovery.

The only reason you need a full set for anything is to create elemental orbs.

Oops, the more you know....

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 11:54 (2096 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Huh. Wish I Knew That Before I Posted. lol

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 09:58 (2096 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Solstice armor

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 09:56 (2096 days ago) @ stabbim

With you 100%.

Such a great idea, Bungie--let's make our fans do LL 380 story missions and LL 15,000 Heroic strikes with Level 200 armor with no perks. They're sure gonna love that.

Doing the Spark remix, it took almost 10 minutes to destroy that Walker at my Solstice level, during which I ran out of ammo for all my weapons TWICE. I've gathered over a hundred of (what I hope are) Arc elements, none of which counted toward anything. Seriously asking, are all of Bungie's actions fueled by spite?

I understand the Crucible thing, because I do hate Crucible more than anything in the world:

• Lord Shaxx can go fuck himself.
  • Lord Saladin can go fuck himself.
  • Arcite can go fuck itself.
  • Lady Efrideet can go fuck herself.
  • Brother Vance can go fuck himself.
  • Osiris can go die in a fire, while also fucking himself.

However, if there's ever any time to boost anything Crucible related ever, Mayhem is the best time to do it. Trust me when I say it makes getting kills/wins a lot less painful. I don't blame you for not wanting to do Crucible, but if Mayhem is indeed coming up next week, you might want to consider it--the pain will be over before you know it!

Why? Just... why? :(

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 10:34 (2096 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Instant Respawns And Fast Super Charge.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 11:57 (2096 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Solstice armor

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 11:58 (2096 days ago) @ Morpheus

let's make our fans do LL 380 story missions

I don't think we're playing the same missions...

Also, there isn't even an armor piece in the first set that requires you to run heroic strikes, so why were you running heroic with the armor on?

Solstice armor

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 12:15 (2096 days ago) @ Xenos

Also, there isn't even an armor piece in the first set that requires you to run heroic strikes, so why were you running heroic with the armor on?

Yeah the requirements for the armor is a little confusing. Not many people have realized the orb generation of the green armor has been for Normal Strikes...

Solstice armor

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 13:23 (2096 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah, that was my mistake--I've been playing Destiny 1 for the most part, since I enjoy that more, and I got some values mixed up. It was a lot more difficult with such lower light, though. As for the Heroic strikes, I assumed that it would have to be Heroic in order to get the milestones and elements and such. It was dumb of me, I know--but in my defense, most rewards and things(including the Triumphs from D1) usually required Heroic strike completion, and I just kinda went with that.

Doing the Spark remix, it took almost 10 minutes to destroy that Walker at my Solstice level, during which I ran out of ammo for all my weapons TWICE.

Um... you know you can just run right past it, right?

[image]

Solstice armor

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 12:50 (2096 days ago) @ Morpheus

With you 100%.

Such a great idea, Bungie--let's make our fans do LL 380 story missions and LL 15,000 Heroic strikes with Level 200 armor with no perks. They're sure gonna love that.

I solo'd all 5 missions on my first character, and you're demonstrably better than I am.

Also, you don't have to do ANY Heroic Strikes with 200 armor (can't, in fact; you'll be somewhere between 260 and 280 light, which is too low to do ANY damage in a Heroic). Fulfill the Strike requirement with Vanguard Strikes (which have a required light level of 140).

Doing the Spark remix, it took almost 10 minutes to destroy that Walker at my Solstice level, during which I ran out of ammo for all my weapons TWICE.

Um... you know you can just run right past it, right?

I've gathered over a hundred of (what I hope are) Arc elements, none of which counted toward anything. Seriously asking, are all of Bungie's actions fueled by spite?

They count towards both the Solstice Moment of 250 orbs, and the requirement on one of your armor pieces to collect Arc orbs, if (of course) you're wearing a full set of Solstice armor.

Well, That's Just Great.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 18:46 (2091 days ago) @ Morpheus

Just upgraded my Solstice armor with new objectives and light level. I figured, okay redoing the campaign missions should be easier since we have 350 armor, right?

Nope.

Turns out they ramp up the campaign difficulty and light level to go with the armor, too. My light level was 350, which is technically my highest possible combination for now, and I was killed by a Legionary in two shots.

Which means—yes—if you want to get your Solstice to Legendary or Masterwork, you really will have to play the missions at 380 or higher. If it isn't happening already. THAT is a big issue to me.

You only need one 350 piece

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 18:49 (2091 days ago) @ Morpheus

Once you spawn in you can swap your other 4 armor pieces off to bring your Light up. Additionally, if you are still having troubles, let someone with green armor start it for you and it will be at the lower Light Level.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 09:25 (2090 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Actually, I need them all. They’re at 350, which brings my light to 350.

Considering that everybody is trying to advance their armor as fast as they can, I’d be hard pressed to find someone still in green scorched.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 09:30 (2090 days ago) @ Morpheus

Actually, I need them all. They’re at 350, which brings my light to 350.

Considering that everybody is trying to advance their armor as fast as they can, I’d be hard pressed to find someone still in green scorched.

Then ask for help. We were playing Crucible a couple of nights ago, and Xenos asked "is anyone willing to help me finish Spark?" I enjoy that level with more than one person; we whipped through it in the time it took the rest of the party to finish a Crucible game, and rejoined them.

I did all of the missions solo, on my Titan, first, and a few missions I'm willing to re-run alone (Payback, for example, is easiest with one person, at ANY difficulty level, because they only give you one tank anyway), but they're much faster with 2, and MUCH MUCH faster with 3. Homecoming, for example, is sub-4-mins with a full fireteam - at any difficulty. (Killing EVERYTHING.)

Or, I don't know, keep being snarky about how unreasonable it is that Bungie made levels that are actually a bit challenging to play on your own. (I found that refreshing, to be honest.)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 09:36 (2090 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Seconding the take that they're a lot of fun; but also offering my services, as I only have my Hunter in blue armor so far, and the other two are in various states of completion.

If you're on tonight, hit me up and we'll knock some of that stuff out.

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 11:15 (2090 days ago) @ Malagate

If Dame's Spire of Stars raid run (come join us, guys!) doesn't get enough people, I'll be open all night to run any and all Redux missions with you, mate.

Whoa whoa whoa.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 13:02 (2090 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Or, I don't know, keep being snarky about how unreasonable it is that Bungie made levels that are actually a bit challenging to play on your own. (I found that refreshing, to be honest.)

Hang on, hang on, hold the hell up. First off, I'm not being "snarky" about anything, or to anyone—so we can just nip that weed right now.

Secondly, I love campaign and single player story/content. It's where I perform my best, try my hardest and achieve the most. That's why most of my games are usually single player; that's why I still frequently play Destiny 1; that's the only reason I'm picking up Halo 6. I start games off Easy, but I do enjoy a challenge--something that keeps me on my toes and fills me with even more satisfaction that I was able to complete something like that, especially on my own. You can look at my Destiny 1 Service Record and Game History. Other than Heroic Strikes—because I don't have a choice—every challenging activity that can reasonably be done: Daily Heroic, Challenge of Elders, Nightfall—I all do by myself. Those provide the story I like, the adversity I fight, and the entertainment I enjoy.

Daily Heroic Stories are challenging.
Heroic Strikes are challenging.
Nightfall is hard, but challenging.

Solstice is redefining the term 'unbalanced'. A challenging mission or level or whatever is supposed to make environments, enemies or goals harder, not force you to make yourself weaker. They don't even drop your light level--you have to put on Common armor to lower it yourself! Yes, I was recently made aware that you can change your armor to your liking once you land, but that still doesn't justify the fact that this kind of measure is what they expect. I've never seen a mission in Destiny that says 'You're too powerful to complete this mission, you must drop down to a low level to play it'.

Come to think of it, off the top of my head I can't even think of a GAME that requires you to weaken a character in order to progress forward. From what I've experienced in my life, the game either strengthens its enemies to make a decent fight, or even better—leave them the way they are to let the player keep their power and fight through previously difficult battles with ease! How the hell is first going through a mission for the first time, never letting us play it again, and then making us drop to our lowest to play a triple strength version "challenging"?

I am expressing frustration in the poor choices and decisions made as of late by this company, and the unsatisfactory results of no longer enjoying an activity I used to enjoy. Or in the terms of Destiny, one that I was allowed to enjoy. I'm not sending death threats or posting rage streams. I'm not standing outside their building with my arms out and tears in my eyes whimpering for hugs. My anger may manifest in sarcasm, but only because that's what it's starting to feel like to me; just some cruel joke.

True, it is more fun to do single player activities with friends, but it should be possible to do it alone. Some people don't have time. Some people don't have the equipment or internet they need. Some people don't even have friends. That Reddit guy posts a solution to beat all the single player missions, and then they ALL require a fireteam. That defeats the purpose of the single-player mission. I want to be challenged, not robbed of my ability to defend myself.

We need Story remixes with higher light, not restrictive limits punishing us for what we were meant to do in the first place. (Then pile higher light on top of that.) To paraphrase an old song, that's like making a soldier drop his gun, shooting him, and making him fight while bleeding out.

And it's not necessary to be condescending to me like I'm afraid of difficulty. I may not be an 'All-Raid Bosses Solo' player, but I'm a damn good campaign player. I think I've proven that plenty of times by now. But if multiple players are required to cheese a single player experience, then why bother calling it single player?

Whoa whoa whoa.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 13:29 (2090 days ago) @ Morpheus

Huh - you and I seem to have completely different understandings of what this event is about.

Ikora is all about learning from your enemies - that's why she's always offered you opportunities to replay story missions. She calls these "Meditations" - I guess I always assumed they were called that because you're supposed to think about them as you play, and learn from what you see.

The entire Solstice of Heroes event (from her perspective) is just a grander version of that; she starts you off with a 'Remember where you came from!" speech, then sends you off in beat-to-shit armor and tells you to take what you've learned and beat your enemies as badly as you did when they were as weak as you were. That seems like the PERFECT test of how effectively you improved your strategy, to me.

I didn't mean to condescend to your abilities in the slightest; I've played with you, I know you're considerably better than I am. I've now played every level in Solstice solo, at every difficulty level - all I was saying was that if *I* can do that, you sure as hell can.

Yes, I had to rethink my strats more than once. My first time through Spark, I used up most of my resources (heavy, grenades, super) on the second wave of Servitors, I was COMPLETELY unprepared for the 3rd wave. I had to rethink how I was approaching the fight, and what I could do to manage the overload in such a small arena. I was successful.

1AU was a LOT of work the first time through. Every time I thought I was at a point where I'd killed enough stuff and could sprint through the rest, Bungie showed me I was wrong; No sprinting allowed! Kill stuff, that's the rule. Okay. It was pretty damn hard, solo, that first time.

Then I played it 6 times in a single night, with a couple of different groups of people. I honed my strats, and I learned things from how others were playing it. I've gone back in again solo - and it's still non-trivial, but it's totally doable (at all 3 levels).

All I was saying was that if you're frustrated, it's because you're not adapting - these DON'T play the way the original missions played, they basically went through them and put up walls in every place we'd found loopholes. If I can solo 'em, though, you definitely can. But they're also fun to run with teammates, and they're much, much easier that way.

(The whole "I don't want to reduce my advantages and play that way" attitude is really throwing me. It's the point of the event - this is what you were dressed like when you started, but you're a better fighter than you were when you started, so prove it by taking off the things you CAN take off (armor) and just using the things you CAN'T (your skills), and fight the guys you fight normally (who are now stronger, relatively). I'm not understanding at all why that bothers you so much.)

Whoa whoa whoa.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 19:09 (2090 days ago) @ Claude Errera

(The whole "I don't want to reduce my advantages and play that way" attitude is really throwing me. It's the point of the event - this is what you were dressed like when you started, but you're a better fighter than you were when you started, so prove it by taking off the things you CAN take off (armor) and just using the things you CAN'T (your skills), and fight the guys you fight normally (who are now stronger, relatively). I'm not understanding at all why that bothers you so much.)

Especially because we're all going to be at power level 400 probably within the first few days of Forsaken coming out. If the actually event isn't fun to you it's totally not worth doing!

Whoa whoa whoa.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 20:15 (2090 days ago) @ Xenos

If the actually event isn't fun to you it's totally not worth doing!

I agree with this, which is why I'm not doing it (there are parts which are fun, I'm just a total no-go on Crucible). It's likely that other armor with better perks will be coming along shortly when Forsaken launches, so unless you're REALLY concerned with being as high of a light level as possible, or just can't do without the look of the Solstice armor, Solstice shouldn't be considered a necessity at all.

Whoa whoa whoa.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 20:52 (2090 days ago) @ stabbim

If the actually event isn't fun to you it's totally not worth doing!

I agree with this, which is why I'm not doing it (there are parts which are fun, I'm just a total no-go on Crucible). It's likely that other armor with better perks will be coming along shortly when Forsaken launches, so unless you're REALLY concerned with being as high of a light level as possible, or just can't do without the look of the Solstice armor, Solstice shouldn't be considered a necessity at all.

Honestly, the only real reason I'm doing it is for the 50 Triumph points. With that and Zavala rank, I'll be at the t-shirt. I don't feel like hunting down Latent Memories, I doubt that I'm going to get through Spire of Stars in the next few weeks, and, while I'm working on it, I don't know if I'll get through the Lost Prophecies for Sagira's shell in time.

Whoa whoa whoa.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, August 09, 2018, 06:51 (2089 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Oh yeah, I forgot about the shirt. And I know now that you like those Destiny shirts. :)

Any Destiny shirts comments make me feel called out.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, August 09, 2018, 09:00 (2089 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

That’s....Not A Bad Idea.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, August 09, 2018, 19:11 (2089 days ago) @ Xenos

Why am I fighting so hard for that completion anyway? I’m only doing Solstice for...well, the Sparrow, but I doubt that’ll happen—I’m already halfway through and my points are only at 155. And I really don’t feel like doing most of that stuff...I might at least try the Legendary upgrade, since I need the light, but screw it.

I’ve got quests to finish anyway!

Which reminds me, I need to make an FTB.

Whoa whoa whoa.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, August 09, 2018, 08:53 (2089 days ago) @ Morpheus

Come to think of it, off the top of my head I can't even think of a GAME that requires you to weaken a character in order to progress forward. From what I've experienced in my life, the game either strengthens its enemies to make a decent fight, or even better—leave them the way they are to let the player keep their power and fight through previously difficult battles with ease! How the hell is first going through a mission for the first time, never letting us play it again, and then making us drop to our lowest to play a triple strength version "challenging"?

Just wanted to respond to this part because there are countless games that have a point, usually 2/3 of the way through the story, where you lose all the power you've accrued for a level or two to put everything back in perspective. Then you usually kill a few guards and reclaim your pile of gear.

D2 starts you off that way in the first place. And sure, Solstice is a dance that the dev is expecting you to take on willingly, but in the scope of the rest of the game, there's nothing that requires you to do it. Ultimately it's just going to amount to cosmetics that signify you were willing to throw yourself at a commemorative grind.

Huh?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 10:23 (2090 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by stabbim, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 11:15

Are you saying you don't have any non-solstice pieces that are above 350? Have you not played in a super long time or something?

Also, I am putting no effort into advancing this thing at all, so I actually do still have my green armor set, if you want an ally who can put some on.

Pretty Much, Yeah.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 19:00 (2090 days ago) @ stabbim

Crucible sucks, they OP’d Heroics, Nightfall was OP from the beginning(at least this low) and my controller won’t output my microphone, so no raids.

But if any of you are online when I get back from work, I’ll send a message.

For those still in green armor:

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 09:49 (2090 days ago) @ Morpheus

Go to the statue and grab an extra copy of the green set. Stick it in your vault. When you upgrade to blue, the vaulted set isn’t affected. So you can equip that to start missions at the easier difficulty, then switch to your blue set and complete the mission.

Sneaky, sneaky hobbitses

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 11:17 (2090 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

^^^ SGA, y’all

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 13:57 (2090 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Loot...er...elemental orb cave

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 14:47 (2096 days ago) @ stabbim

Got Mine Done In 3.5 Matches—AGAINST 1m Hunters

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 13:19 (2091 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Mayhem?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 13:20 (2091 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Only Way To Travel!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 18:40 (2091 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread