The raids STARTS at 560. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 10:24 (2051 days ago)

See you guys in like November, I guess.

Seriously, what the fuck?

The raids STARTS at 560.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 14, 2018, 10:27 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

lightlevelsarebadfordestiny.com

By just playing, I've been able to get to 532.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 14, 2018, 10:43 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Aim for the powerful drops. Dailys first, weekly second. I've been very casual about it.

That said - Holy Crap, 560?! It says the recommended power is 550? Whatever. Rip All Raid Teams. Here I thought I could help with my light level and I was feeling really good about it.

nope.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 10:51 (2051 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That’s fine. I’ve been “just playing” and I’m at 517. Bungie’s power progression is still terrible. Unless you complete Bungie’s checklist, you’re just screwed.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m having a blast with Destiny. If I really cared about leveling up, I wouldn’t have spent last night playing Escalation Protocol. That doesn’t mean Bungie’s system is just sheer stupidity, just like releasing a raid at a power level that’s basically impossible to currently be.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 14, 2018, 10:56 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s fine. I’ve been “just playing” and I’m at 517. Bungie’s power progression is still terrible. Unless you complete Bungie’s checklist, you’re just screwed.

You do have to commit to the checklist. That is correct. Bounties too.

Being underleveled is probably okay

by squidnh3, Friday, September 14, 2018, 11:40 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I made this same argument about Spire of Stars - half the fun of blind raiding is being underleveled. It forces you to truly understand the mechanics of every encounter, down to ads spawning patterns.

Based on how the scaling in the story missions work, I'd guess you can probably do the first few encounters at 530-540. The biggest problem is load outs, so it might be a good idea to designate a few pieces of high level sacrificial gear to infuse into weapons you identify as you go as helpful with specific mechanics.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 12:45 (2051 days ago) @ squidnh3

Counterpoint: Being underleveled sucks and isn’t any fun at all. I don’t like feeling like I might as well just being throwing rocks. (:

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 14:06 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Counterpoint: Being underleveled sucks and isn’t any fun at all. I don’t like feeling like I might as well just being throwing rocks. (:

It's all in your perspective. Your perspective is something along the lines of: "I can't do any damage and kill anything." Another perspective might be: "I'm gathering data each life to look for patterns and create strategies. Death is merely the rest on the gathering run." Until you've begun to try to execute the strategy, you're playing a different game entirely. That isn't just a player style that Raids tend to cater to, but a style that lives at the heart of what Raids are traditionally considered to be.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 14:27 (2051 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Its almost like they already solved this problem in Halo with selectable difficulties—everyone could get the experience they wanted right off the bat!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 14, 2018, 14:32 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

...also, I seem to remember heroic level Raids being a thing. Why can’t those be the challenging ones? I’d love to experience the Raid this week, but I think I’d be fighting skull level enemies up to the final boss which might then be literally invincible. :(

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 14, 2018, 15:19 (2051 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Friday, September 14, 2018, 15:29

...also, I seem to remember heroic level Raids being a thing. Why can’t those be the challenging ones? I’d love to experience the Raid this week, but I think I’d be fighting skull level enemies up to the final boss which might then be literally invincible. :(

All things considered, that’s my single biggest complaint with how Bungie implements light levels within the raids. IMO, the final raid boss should be the exact same level as the trash mobs at the beginning. The idea that you can be high enough light to start an activity, and then hit a wall at some point during the activity where you just can’t damage anything anymore... that really sucks.

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 15:23 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Its almost like they already solved this problem in Halo with selectable difficulties—everyone could get the experience they wanted right off the bat!

You see it as a problem to be solved. Others see it as part and parcel of the experience.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 15:47 (2051 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Why not both?

I’m arguing that it’s a part of the experience that could be better and not have a bunch of people feeling like Bungie doesn’t care about our enjoyment. There’s no way this isn’t designed explicitly for the folks that can play Destiny full time. We’ve had this argument before way too many times, so I guess it’s not worth rehashing.

I’m excited for there to always be new stuff waiting on the horizon, new stuff to work for. I hate being locked out of the best activity in Destiny because Bungie decided I didn’t play the game enough or in the right way. I suspect I’m going to always feel that way moving forward. I honestly don’t think I’ll ever do another blind raid after this one if they continue to operate like this.

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 16:08 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m arguing that it’s a part of the experience that could be better and not have a bunch of people feeling like Bungie doesn’t care about our enjoyment. There’s no way this isn’t designed explicitly for the folks that can play Destiny full time. We’ve had this argument before way too many times, so I guess it’s not worth rehashing.

You're not wrong. Raids traditionally are orientated toward being a reward for being hardcore. If you're not prepared when it drops, that's fine, it'll be there when you get there. It's a hardcore activity and Bungie wants to reward their hardcore fans. I realize that streaming culture has complicated this problem, because now a select few can be paid to binge the game. But even other non-MMO games over the past couple decades have structured content in certain ways to cater to the first few weeks of heavy player population. This particular way is just the most controversial and also happens to run counter to the way Halo presented its content.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 16:39 (2051 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

You're not wrong. Raids traditionally are orientated toward being a reward for being hardcore. If you're not prepared when it drops, that's fine, it'll be there when you get there.

I think that’s stupid. I am a hardcore Destiny player, I just also have a job and other shit I need to get done. The pinnacle activity of Destiny shouldn’t be a “reward” for anything, it should be an activity I can enjoy without having to devotes weeks of preparation for.

And no, it might not be there when I’m ready, not in the way that matters, which is unsoiled. That’s the root of the problem. Every day from here until I can do it is another chance that I’ll be spoiled. Bungie clearly thinks blind runs are the best way to experience a raid, or they wouldn’t be so secretive about them. So why do they design it so as few people as possible have a reasonable chance of experiencing it that way? They also clearly want people to tune into streams and watch the World’s First attempts. So which is it? Do they want us to see it fresh when we play, or do they want us to just accept our place and watch the pros do it? Because it seems fairly clear to me, and it’s sucks.

For the record, yes, I know I’m being hyperbolic, and I’m not as upset as it probably seems. But it is a real bummer, and it feels like it could be a much better experience.

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 20:17 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You're not wrong. Raids traditionally are orientated toward being a reward for being hardcore. If you're not prepared when it drops, that's fine, it'll be there when you get there.

I think that’s stupid. I am a hardcore Destiny player, I just also have a job and other shit I need to get done. The pinnacle activity of Destiny shouldn’t be a “reward” for anything, it should be an activity I can enjoy without having to devotes weeks of preparation for.

And no, it might not be there when I’m ready, not in the way that matters, which is unsoiled. That’s the root of the problem. Every day from here until I can do it is another chance that I’ll be spoiled. Bungie clearly thinks blind runs are the best way to experience a raid, or they wouldn’t be so secretive about them. So why do they design it so as few people as possible have a reasonable chance of experiencing it that way? They also clearly want people to tune into streams and watch the World’s First attempts. So which is it? Do they want us to see it fresh when we play, or do they want us to just accept our place and watch the pros do it? Because it seems fairly clear to me, and it’s sucks.

For the record, yes, I know I’m being hyperbolic, and I’m not as upset as it probably seems. But it is a real bummer, and it feels like it could be a much better experience.

I can understand your desire to have the activity you describe. It isn't describing what is traditionally considered a Raid. Bungie is clearly going for the aspect of a traditional Raid that you dislike.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 22:55 (2051 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Yes, they’ve focused on the aspect where the vast majority of players will never play it because the barrier to reasonable entry is too high. Entirely counter to their desire to let more people experience raids.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 00:01 (2051 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Yes, they’ve focused on the aspect where the vast majority of players will never play it because the barrier to reasonable entry is too high. Entirely counter to their desire to let more people experience raids.

It’s so damn easy.

Two raids open up. Normal. Hard. Hard has a crazy light level, and normal is one achievable without a grind. Why is this a hard concept for them?

They even said they can flip enemy power levels with a server switch. So why not be able to select from a 510 or a 560 raid when it launches?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 14, 2018, 17:38 (2051 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Right... something went very wrong when someone like me who plays multiple hours most nights and who is immersed in the company and lore is now not counted as a hardcore player. What Bungie is forcing on this community in terms of the time required to level up fast enough to raid in the first week... it's downright harmful. It's certainly not player friendly. It makes me want to walk away from all of it.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 18:15 (2051 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It makes me want to walk away from all of it.

You know it's bad when Ragashingo of all people is saying this. This is the guy that finds the positive in every one of Bungie's dumb decisions. (:

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 14, 2018, 15:45 (2051 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

It's all in your perspective. Your perspective is something along the lines of: "I can't do any damage and kill anything." Another perspective might be: "I'm gathering data each life to look for patterns and create strategies. Death is merely the rest on the gathering run." Until you've begun to try to execute the strategy, you're playing a different game entirely. That isn't just a player style that Raids tend to cater to, but a style that lives at the heart of what Raids are traditionally considered to be.

I can appreciate the sentiment of this post, but I can't see how it relates to the experience of playing a Destiny raid. How can you begin to solve the puzzles and mechanics of a raid if you can't stay alive, or clear the ads which trigger new phases within an encounter? You couldn't even really begin the process of figuring out the Bridge section in Crota's End if you can't fight off the Thrawl that swarm you on the plates, for example. It seems to me that being able to keep the ads at bay is a bare minimum requirement for any team hoping to make even the slightest bit of progress.

Again, I'm not arguing with the spirit of what you're saying... it just doesn't strike me as being possible in most Destiny raid fights.

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 15:48 (2051 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I can appreciate the sentiment of this post, but I can't see how it relates to the experience of playing a Destiny raid. How can you begin to solve the puzzles and mechanics of a raid if you can't stay alive, or clear the ads which trigger new phases within an encounter? You couldn't even really begin the process of figuring out the Bridge section in Crota's End if you can't fight off the Thrawl that swarm you on the plates, for example. It seems to me that being able to keep the ads at bay is a bare minimum requirement for any team hoping to make even the slightest bit of progress.

Again, I'm not arguing with the spirit of what you're saying... it just doesn't strike me as being possible in most Destiny raid fights.

Part of it becomes developing an "add-management" strategy to compensate for your lack of firepower. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it is a classic aspect of raiding.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 05:17 (2051 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Part of it becomes developing an "add-management" strategy to compensate for your lack of firepower. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it is a classic aspect of raiding.

I feel like this is exactly what we did with Lair 2. We developed a strategy to handle the adds, and that involved fine-tuning our load outs and positions. That we weren't able to kill the final boss didn't bother me once we figured out how to damage him. The latter was what mattered. It proved we could beat him with enough time, but at that point the blind raid was over. I had no problem quitting and coming back at a higher level armed with better strategies.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 09:04 (2050 days ago) @ Kermit

I feel like this is exactly what we did with Lair 2. We developed a strategy to handle the adds, and that involved fine-tuning our load outs and positions. That we weren't able to kill the final boss didn't bother me once we figured out how to damage him. The latter was what mattered. It proved we could beat him with enough time, but at that point the blind raid was over. I had no problem quitting and coming back at a higher level armed with better strategies.

My point is just that you wouldn't have been able to get to the final boss unless everyone was high enough level to handle the rest of the raid up to that point. And I think that's where a lot of the contention around this issue stems from; The vaguery surrounding what level is actually realistically needed to complete the entire raid, combined with the huge time sink involved with reaching that level, exacerbated by the RNG nature of that grind.

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 12:41 (2049 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My point is just that you wouldn't have been able to get to the final boss unless everyone was high enough level to handle the rest of the raid up to that point. And I think that's where a lot of the contention around this issue stems from; The vaguery surrounding what level is actually realistically needed to complete the entire raid, combined with the huge time sink involved with reaching that level, exacerbated by the RNG nature of that grind.

Our point is that you can get to the final boss even when underleveled with the appropriate strategy. Finding that strategy is a classic aspect of Raiding.

Being underleveled is probably okay *edited*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 13:05 (2049 days ago) @ EffortlessFury
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 13:26

Our point is that you can get to the final boss even when underleveled with the appropriate strategy. Finding that strategy is a classic aspect of Raiding.

I feel like we’re talking past each other a little :)

I know that finding the appropriate level to overcome a level gap is part of raiding. I enjoy it, to a point. What I’m specifically taking issue with is that being “underlevelled” is not a static thing in some of Destiny’s raids, because the goal posts change mid-raid. I beat Crota’s end many times when it first launched, and I was “underlevelled” the entire time. But I was equally underlevelled from the start to the end of the raid. I also knew after completing the first encounter that I would be able to beat the final encounter, once my group found the right strategy.

None of that holds true for Last Wish, because the enemies go up in level over the course of the raid. You might start the raid underlevelled, but find you are still able to overcome the gap by finding the right strategy. But that gap will only increase as the raid goes on. You WILL hit a wall. You just don’t know when, because there’s no way to know the light level of an encounter within the raid until you reach it. And once you hit that wall, focusing on a “strategy-building” run is pretty much impossible, because you literally get killed in 1 or 2 shots. Your team can’t survive long enough to figure anything out.

That’s the particular thing that I take issue with. If I’m high enough level to complete the first part of an activity, I should be high enough level to complete the entire activity. Hitting a level-wall (that isn’t communicated to the player at the start) after investing several hours into an activity is the precise opposite of a fun or engaging challenge, IMO. It’s closer to a simple waste of my time.

*edit*

I should add, just to be clear. Knowing ahead of time that the raid goes up in level over the various encounters is totally fine. Knowing the level of the final boss, I can plan accordingly and jump in when I’ve hit a level I feel comfortable with. This is what part of why I don’t like blind raiding anymore. It was fine in the VoG/CE days because I knew that if I was able to start the raid, I could finish it. But King’s Fall changed things, and I felt bamboozled by the sudden switch. I’d just appreciate some clarity and transparency from the game when it comes to these kinds of things.

Being underleveled is probably okay *edited*

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 15:15 (2049 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I should add, just to be clear. Knowing ahead of time that the raid goes up in level over the various encounters is totally fine. Knowing the level of the final boss, I can plan accordingly and jump in when I’ve hit a level I feel comfortable with. This is what part of why I don’t like blind raiding anymore. It was fine in the VoG/CE days because I knew that if I was able to start the raid, I could finish it. But King’s Fall changed things, and I felt bamboozled by the sudden switch. I’d just appreciate some clarity and transparency from the game when it comes to these kinds of things.

VoG and Crota's end had enemies start at the recommended level, and rise by two by the end. So the level 26 VoG had you facing 28 enemies by the end.

I believe (this was hour years ago after all) that a difference of 4 levels resulted in no damage. A difference of three was possible to damage, but given the mechanics of the raid it would not be completable. Two levels difference was doable but tough. One was only slightly tougher. For VoG and Crota, even if you got no drops, if you started at the recommended level of 26 you could definitely finish the raid. I believe you had to be 31 to do enough damage to Crota with the sword though?

Anyway, King's fall started at 280 and if I remember right it went to 310 by the end? That's the equivalent of a three level jump from VoG. Basically, it wouldn't be doable practically without level up.

I do not know how far up the enemies scale in Last Wish, but if it starts at 560 and you are going in under that, you are simply not going to be able to finish. Period.

I only barely reached 520

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, September 14, 2018, 17:43 (2051 days ago) @ squidnh3

Guess I won’t get to raid for another month. Thanks Bungie. :(

I agree.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 05:08 (2051 days ago) @ squidnh3

And I note that you did say probably. I want only two things from a blind raid:

1) to play on a team that stays blind and is patient and supportive.*

2) for that team to figure out the mechanics of the raid on their own.

*If you fit the bill and think you might be 540+ and have some schedule flexibility in a few weeks, let me know.

You chose the absolute worst possible example

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 15, 2018, 05:10 (2051 days ago) @ squidnh3

Spire of Stars has such a tight timing in its mechanic, that being underleveled might actually make you miss how the mechanics truly work, simply because you're either wiping due to being too late or dying because you moved too fast and the ads caught up.

In fact, that is exactly what happened to my blind team. When we finally got to Val Kilmer, we hit a wall and couldn't figure it out. Turns out, we had figured it out, but were just getting mauled too soon or taking too long to kill the damn drop pod Gladiators.

The raids STARTS at 560.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 14, 2018, 13:16 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So uh who wants to run nightfalls with me? :-p

19 hours after it opened and no one has beaten it yet.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 04:51 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

At least, I haven't seen any news. A quick glance at the reddit thread and new comments are still saying no one has beaten it. I haven't (and won't) watched any streams. I am wondering if it taking this long is because of mechanics difficulty or light level being too high.

As soon as I posted somebody beat it.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 04:54 (2051 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by bluerunner, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 05:20

18 hours 48 minutes to beat. I think the first VOG took around 14 hours.

Heh, good timing, blue

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 15, 2018, 05:10 (2051 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

As soon as I posted somebody beat it.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 07:23 (2051 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Korny, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 07:35

18 hours 48 minutes to beat. I think the first VOG took around 14 hours.

So it looks like the emblem and raid jacket are truly exclusive for only the inceliest of players, if it took a team of exploit-farmers 19 of the 24-hour deadline to accomplish the task.

Yeesh.

It sucks that Bungie sees anyone with a real job or poor RNG as not being a "dedicated enough" fan to deserve a chance to get the jacket, but at least the actual market to get it is super small (how many teams will beat it before Reset?).

There is a new cutscene when you travel to the Dreaming City

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 08:53 (2050 days ago) @ bluerunner

And it straight up spoils what the end boss of the raid looks like. I was trying to save that until I got to the boss.

Yeah, this is kind of a big deal for some people :(

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 09:06 (2050 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Easy, just avoid the Dreaming City until your team is ready!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 09:11 (2050 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Huh... Spoiling something that big just because one team beat the raid? It's almost like Bungie doesn't care about any other team besides those racing for World's First...

Nah, can't be. I'm sure they put in failsafes to help folks stay blind. Like an optional opt-out prompt or something.

First raid clear has unlocked Dreaming City content for ALL

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 09:46 (2050 days ago) @ bluerunner

And it straight up spoils what the end boss of the raid looks like. I was trying to save that until I got to the boss.

And the nature of the final boss. There is dialog when you try to talk with Petra too. If you wanted to remain totally raid story blind you’re pretty much screwed. Bungie puts it right in your face.

It’s only a few detail though. You can remain mechanics blind as long as you stay away from the usual guides.

First raid clear has unlocked Dreaming City content for ALL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10:07 (2050 days ago) @ CougRon

And the nature of the final boss. There is dialog when you try to talk with Petra too. If you wanted to remain totally raid story blind you’re pretty much screwed. Bungie puts it right in your face.

It’s only a few detail though. You can remain mechanics blind as long as you stay away from the usual guides.

It’s an interesting trade off. I really love the way the raid has been brought more prominently into the story, and is effecting the world. But the cost of that is a certain level of spoilers.

I care much less about this than I care about mechanics

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10:44 (2050 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10:52 (2050 days ago) @ bluerunner

Fucking bullshit.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 11:52 (2050 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Fucking bullshit.

Am I good because nobody on PS4 has beaten the raid yet?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 12:18 (2050 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Fucking bullshit.

Interesting. I see this as a huge step toward what Destiny always should have been. Remember the promise of a living, changing world? We're finally getting a little of that. Events elsewhere are affecting the entire Destiny population and are advancing the story.

To you, that's "fucking bullshit." To me? It is objectively better. And well worth the price seeing a hand-drawn, non-mechanic-spoiling depiction of a Raid boss that I was only going to not know about once in all the times I run this Raid.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 13:08 (2050 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Fucking bullshit.

Interesting. I see this as a huge step toward what Destiny always should have been. Remember the promise of a living, changing world? We're finally getting a little of that. Events elsewhere are affecting the entire Destiny population and are advancing the story.

To you, that's "fucking bullshit." To me? It is objectively better. And well worth the price seeing a hand-drawn, non-mechanic-spoiling depiction of a Raid boss that I was only going to not know about once in all the times I run this Raid.

Overall, I think I agree with you. I certainly agree in terms of my own preferences. I don't think spoilers matter much in the big picture, and I'd much rather have the raids integrated into the story progression. If that means the appearance of certain characters gets "spoiled", that's a price I'm more than willing to pay.

But I know that there are a lot of folks here (masochists ;p) for whom a blind raid is the pinnacle Destiny experience for them, and staying completely unspoiled is key to that. So I sympathize for them.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:16 (2050 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Fucking bullshit.

Overall, I think I agree with you. I certainly agree in terms of my own preferences. I don't think spoilers matter much in the big picture, and I'd much rather have the raids integrated into the story progression. If that means the appearance of certain characters gets "spoiled", that's a price I'm more than willing to pay.

But I know that there are a lot of folks here (masochists ;p) for whom a blind raid is the pinnacle Destiny experience for them, and staying completely unspoiled is key to that. So I sympathize for them.

I’d feel more sympathy if they toned down the outrage a bit. ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:59 (2050 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Fucking bullshit.

I’d feel more sympathy if they toned down the outrage a bit. ;)

Uh... are you sure you want to go there right now? ;p

Yes.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:19 (2050 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:18 (2050 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Fucking bullshit.

I consider myself in this category. I would prefer that most visuals from the raids be a surprise, but I don't mind so much a little spoilage regarding the what instead of the how. I mean, did we have any doubt that we would probably be fighting Oryx in some form for King's Fall?

Your point. It is good.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:12 (2050 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:55 (2050 days ago) @ Kermit

Fucking bullshit.

I consider myself in this category. I would prefer that most visuals from the raids be a surprise, but I don't mind so much a little spoilage regarding the what instead of the how. I mean, did we have any doubt that we would probably be fighting Oryx in some form for King's Fall?

I was thinking about this too. I think the main difference is that the Raid Boss Riven is very much a mystery if you haven’t gotten and read the Lore. I’m fine with this new direction, but my one critique would be that they needed to set up the boss a “little” diffently/more.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 13:24 (2050 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Fucking bullshit.

Interesting. I see this as a huge step toward what Destiny always should have been. Remember the promise of a living, changing world?

I'd love for the world to feel alive and change. But because of MY actions, not someone else's. Real Life works the way you want. Go experience that instead. I'd rather not have video games work that way.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:11 (2050 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd love for the world to feel alive and change. But because of MY actions, not someone else's. Real Life works the way you want. Go experience that instead. I'd rather not have video games work that way.

So go play Halo?

I get it, I really do. I’m okay with this one though. More than okay, actually. I’m actually really tired of Destiny pretending like we’re the sole Guardian out there accomplishing anything. So this feels like a good change.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 17:00 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So go play Halo?

Have you SEEN Halo these days? :-p

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 18:39 (2050 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So go play Halo?

Have you SEEN Halo these days? :-p

I have! It looks great in 4K! (:

+1

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 18:22 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by Harmanimus @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 20:16 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Blades of Crota and Wolfpacks were the way to explore a world changing. New missions opening up periodically or new Crucible maps being available is another. If you want full story/gameplay segregation then whatever. But if you want hem to work together, then the Raid isn’t complete until you finish, regardless if some streamers were able to invest weeks of their lives preparing for this.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 20:25 (2050 days ago) @ Harmanimus

None of those things ever felt like a direct response to player actions--they always felt like Bungie flipping a switch at some arbitrary time. We didn't do anything to open Black Spindle or Whisper of the Worm, Bungie just decided it was time. We didn't do anything to get Packs of Wolves to start roaming, or Blades of Crota--they were just preparation for the coming expansions.

This is the first time that player actions in Destiny literally changed the game world for everyone. That's cool.

someone /else/ doesn't matter to me in influencing /my/ game

by Harmanimus @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 20:51 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

It's a live game with strong MMO-leanings.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 21:16 (2050 days ago) @ Harmanimus

You can either accept that or not.

I won't tell you that you're wrong, because that would be stupid. I just think this is Bungie finally accepting the type of game they're making. Having only the player's Guardian matter in the story of the game, while also having millions of Guardian's running around each also being the sole hero has always been a huge disconnect. This is finally addressing some of that (even after they did the usual "you're the only Guardian that can do this" shtick in the campaign).

This isn't Halo anymore--there are millions of Guardians running around in a shared world, and I'm glad Bungie is finally doing something to have the actual story and universe acknowledge that in a meaningful way.

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 09:10 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think it is a weak argument to rest on Destiny the trappings of MMOs. Just as I think it is not ideal to apply Halo as a measure either. A game should be considered on its own merit and I think a game with a focal character being removed for the sake of making it seem to 6 people like they influenced the game is severely detrimental to the game. There are ways to let a community deliberately push things forward that are good. This is not a logical extension of those.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 09:41 (2049 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I guess we’ll just have to disagree.

I am judging Destiny in its own merits. Story-wise it barely has any, and for me, a lot of that has to do with the fact that the story focuses on a single Guardian as the only one that can instigate change, when we actually know there are millions of us out there doing the same exact thing. I wish they would do more stuff like this, and start shaping the story around the fact that we’re a huge community of Guardians, rather than making stories where apparently only a single Guardian matters at all.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 09:58 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I guess we’ll just have to disagree.

I am judging Destiny in its own merits. Story-wise it barely has any, and for me, a lot of that has to do with the fact that the story focuses on a single Guardian as the only one that can instigate change, when we actually know there are millions of us out there doing the same exact thing. I wish they would do more stuff like this, and start shaping the story around the fact that we’re a huge community of Guardians, rather than making stories where apparently only a single Guardian matters at all.

Perhaps the compromise is having more NPC guardians who are bigger characters and drive more of the story, while focusing on smaller groups of player guardians; AKA your group of friends. Look at how much NPCs drove story points in Halo. That could happen in Destiny as well.

I guess what I am saying is it should have been an RPG with a focus on co-op.

+7

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:32 (2049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I thought we were judging the game on its own merits . . .

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:50 (2049 days ago) @ Harmanimus

. . . not on some hypothetical game that doesn’t exist. Would Destiny be better as a Halo or even Borderlands style game? Maybe, but it’s not that game and never will be, so trying to force that experience onto it is foolish.

Like it or not, Destiny is an MMO. Trying to ignore that in terms of story and the actions of the community is the wrong way to go about it, in my mind. And I still hope they lean further in further into it. I’d still like Factions and which one you pledge to come back in a big way and actually have effects on the game world beyond a single gun up for sale.

I thought we were judging the game on its own merits . . .

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 11:38 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Destiny has started to include NPCs who are influential on the story and they are becoming more important. It is perfectly within the scope of discussing Destiny’s merits to want more of that.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 11:12 (2049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Look at how much NPCs drove story points in Halo. That could happen in Destiny as well.

That’s literally what just happened, except those NPCs were other people.

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:31 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

. . . when we actually know there are millions of us out there doing the same exact thing. I wish they would do more stuff like this, and start shaping the story around the fact that we’re a huge community of Guardians . . .

This is probably the big point we disagree on. How can millions of Guardians all be the one Guardian who defeated Atheon? Who killed Crota and slayed The Taken King? Rekindled the Iron Lords? Killed The Dominous? Found Osiris? Killed a Worm God? You are a paracausal entity and the reason everyone gets to be The Guardian is because we all are that Guardian. That wasn’t a weakness of Destiny, that was a strength. Apparently not anymore.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:45 (2049 days ago) @ Harmanimus

. . . when we actually know there are millions of us out there doing the same exact thing. I wish they would do more stuff like this, and start shaping the story around the fact that we’re a huge community of Guardians . . .

This is probably the big point we disagree on. How can millions of Guardians all be the one Guardian who defeated Atheon? Who killed Crota and slayed The Taken King? Rekindled the Iron Lords? Killed The Dominous? Found Osiris? Killed a Worm God? You are a paracausal entity and the reason everyone gets to be The Guardian is because we all are that Guardian. That wasn’t a weakness of Destiny, that was a strength. Apparently not anymore.

You’re making my point for me. How can we all be that Guardian? Because we are. The stories they tell don’t actually match up with the physical game and the fact that millions of people are playing it. It’s always been a weakness in my mind. The VoG is the one place where it actually works—it’s just Vex time shit. Any time anyone enters the VoG, it’s just there due to said Vex time shit.

As a small example, look at the way Forsaken goes down. Ikora tells the player that they’re the only Guardian that can go do this thing, then we go to the Tangled Shore and it’s filled with other Guardians. The story they tell is immediately contradicted by what’s actually happening in the game they made. They could have very easily written it so that lots of Guardians are sent on the hunt and it makes more sense.

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 12:34 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No, I’m literally saying that we are all playing he same Guardian. The VoG Vex time stuff doesn’t even apply to that implication. It’s much farther reaching consequences.

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 12:44 (2049 days ago) @ Harmanimus

No, I’m literally saying that we are all playing he same Guardian. The VoG Vex time stuff doesn’t even apply to that implication. It’s much farther reaching consequences.

Is that thought backed by known lore? Or is it a theory you have?

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 13:58 (2049 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

FWIW, I don’t know much if the lore around the VoG. Is it canon that our fire team went in and ended Atheon for good? I just feel like it’s really easy to chalk that particular raid up to “Vex time shit,” which can fit nicely with every fireteam still tackling that raid.

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 16:31 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

FWIW, I don’t know much if the lore around the VoG. Is it canon that our fire team went in and ended Atheon for good? I just feel like it’s really easy to chalk that particular raid up to “Vex time shit,” which can fit nicely with every fireteam still tackling that raid.

I'm referring to the first half of your post. What leads you to believe that we are all playing the same Guardian? This is the first time I'm hearing this perspective so I'm curious as to where it originated.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 16:46 (2049 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I'm referring to the first half of your post. What leads you to believe that we are all playing the same Guardian? This is the first time I'm hearing this perspective so I'm curious as to where it originated.

I didn't say that--Harmanimus did. I just replied to you to continue the discussion and make it clear that he could be totally right, and that my explanation for why we can all do the Vault of Glass is more just headcannon and an easy explanation for why it makes sense from both a story and gameplay mechanics perspective.

As for what lead hims to believe we're all the same Guardian . . . that is how Destiny sort of presents itself. Did you kill whatever was at the heart of the Black Garden? Did you kill Crota and Oryx? Took out Ghaul? Woke up the Traveler?

What do you know, I also did all of those things! How can that be? We're the same person. It's always been a weird disconnect between the story and the mechanical aspect of the game, and it probably always will be. I just chalk up to what it is though--the difficulty of telling an actual story where millions of people get to be the "hero" at the center. I think the game reacting to something like the first raid completion starts to address that issue in a cool way, though.

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 16:49 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I didn't say that--Harmanimus did. I just replied to you to continue the discussion and make it clear that he could be totally right, and that my explanation for why we can all do the Vault of Glass is more just headcannon and an easy explanation for why it makes sense from both a story and gameplay mechanics perspective.

As for what lead hims to believe we're all the same Guardian . . . that is how Destiny sort of presents itself. Did you kill whatever was at the heart of the Black Garden? Did you kill Crota and Oryx? Took out Ghaul? Woke up the Traveler?

What do you know, I also did all of those things! How can that be? We're the same person. It's always been a weird disconnect between the story and the mechanical aspect of the game, and it probably always will be. I just chalk up to what it is though--the difficulty of telling an actual story where millions of people get to be the "hero" at the center. I think the game reacting to something like the first raid completion starts to address that issue in a cool way, though.

Oh, sorry, didn't notice.

I've always chalked that bit up to Bungie not knowing exactly how to handle it. This decision is probably their most overt attempt at establishing a "way to do it." I am personally fine with it and too find it neat.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 16:52 (2049 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

No worries!

I've always chalked that bit up to Bungie not knowing exactly how to handle it. This decision is probably their most overt attempt at establishing a "way to do it." I am personally fine with it and too find it neat.

Me too. I think the issue is still there, though. When I finally do get into the raid, what's the explanation for the fact that the World's First team already did and cursed the Dreaming City, but I'm just not going in to do it? At a certain point, I think we just have to accept that's how it has to be, but I think if Bungie would start approaching the game from that angle, they could find creative solutions for that, and find ways to have it make more sense. The "Vex time shit" of the Vault of Glass is a good example of that, but you can't just use that excuse for everything.

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 17:00 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No worries!

Me too. I think the issue is still there, though. When I finally do get into the raid, what's the explanation for the fact that the World's First team already did and cursed the Dreaming City, but I'm just not going in to do it? At a certain point, I think we just have to accept that's how it has to be, but I think if Bungie would start approaching the game from that angle, they could find creative solutions for that, and find ways to have it make more sense. The "Vex time shit" of the Vault of Glass is a good example of that, but you can't just use that excuse for everything.

Haven't been spoiled at all, but one theory of mine is that he'll still be able to present himself as a menace for repeated culling. He is a mystical, magical being after all.

I thought the details about his "power from the grave" was lampshading the possibility, at the very least.

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 14:35 (2049 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

A theory derived from Lore. Nothing explicitly within the Lore states that every player Guardian is actually the same Guardian. But it is a conclusion that derives from Lore pretty easily and has yet to be contradicted in Lore (pending if there is anything counter to it within Forsaken) so take that as you will. It also supports all the in game storytelling better than other explanations (excluding this chnage to storytelling with LW)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 15:19 (2049 days ago) @ Harmanimus

A theory derived from Lore. Nothing explicitly within the Lore states that every player Guardian is actually the same Guardian. But it is a conclusion that derives from Lore pretty easily and has yet to be contradicted in Lore (pending if there is anything counter to it within Forsaken) so take that as you will. It also supports all the in game storytelling better than other explanations (excluding this chnage to storytelling with LW)

No. As much as I love a good theory, there's just absolutely no support for this one. There are no references or even implications that your Guardian and other Guardians are somehow the same Guardian.

All this is, is a minor storytelling failure where Bungie wants to both acknowledge each player's accomplishments and make them the most important player similar to how they were the Master Chief in Halo while also having Destiny be an always on MMO style game where you routinely encounter other players out in the wild.

If we're going to derive anything, we should start at the far more easily explained. For a bunch of Guardians showing up in the Reef after Cayde-6's death... it would make far more sense and fit far better with the Lore for our Guardian to perhaps go first but for a bunch more Guardians to hear about Cayde's murder and to quickly follow. (From Rezyl Azzir, to Osiris, to Ana Bray, we've seen Guardians go where they please often despite direct orders telling them not to. That makes far more sense than trying to say all Guardians are paracausally linked and merged and whatever...)

My favorite little moment in Destiny that opposes this theory is back in D1 around the time of The Taken King, you could walk by Lord Shaxx and he'd ask you something like "were you one of the ones who managed to kill Oryx?!" That's how I think things should always be. I'd like to see the story always written to leave the possibility open either way that you were or weren't one of the Guardians to do X. Bungie would have to alter the more personal revenge tale of Cayde-6's death... but just sticking a few other random Guardian models in the same room would have been enough to give the impression that this upset more Guardians than just yours.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 17:43 (2047 days ago) @ Ragashingo

While I’ll accept a “storytelling failure” as the easy answer from a creator perspective, I think that given the story and lore as presented through Destiny that it is much more of a stretch to suggest that all Guardians are unique. A throwaway line from Shaxx that he’s not sure if you killed Oryx is a lot easier to dismiss than the suggestion that the current pool of guardians defending the last city (1.3m players yesterday by Destiny Tracker) exceeds the current active forces of the United States (1.28m) as of the end of last year.

The assumption that we are all the same paracausal entity has less in universe conflicts than there being 1.3-3.9m active guardians in the world. And there is already an established precedent for people working with other versions of themselves - whether or not by Vex time experiments doesn’t matter when the paracausal nature of Light already exceeds the Vex.

While I won’t get i to an argument that might conclusion is or is not supported by Lore, to the same effect I cannot accept a conclusion that all player guardians are somehow unique because it is equally or less supported by the Lore.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 13:55 (2049 days ago) @ Harmanimus

No, I’m literally saying that we are all playing he same Guardian.

I understand what you’re saying. I’m saying that’s stupid, and Bungie is smart enough to design a story and a campaign where that’s not true. Us all being the same Guardian doesn’t make sense within the mechanical structure of the game—it never has.

This stuff with the Last Wish and the Dreaming City is one small step towards bringing those two elements together. I say small step, because I very much doubt that the “story” of the raid will go forward and acknowledge that I wasn’t the first Guardian to accomplish that task when I finally get the chance to go in there.

I also recognize that to some degree those elements will always be at odds. But anything they do to bring them together and acknowledge that every player is another, different Guardian out there accomplishing things is a good step in a good direction, in my opinion.

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 14:47 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The Light is Paracausal. The Guardian operates outside of linear time either Causal or Acausal (Forward and Reverse time) and the level at whih that has reality warping effects has not been fully explored. I think suggesting it doesn’t make mechanical sense is an undersell. It’s complex and not necessarily intuitive (Paracausality isn’t) but that doesn’t make it bad.

Maybe if they had been telling that story from the start I would feel different. But instead we are all experiencing the same story from different sets of eyes. We’ve never been playing with millions of Guardians in the world. That suddenly changing now is silly.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 15:25 (2049 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The Light is Paracausal. The Guardian operates outside of linear time either Causal or Acausal (Forward and Reverse time) and the level at whih that has reality warping effects has not been fully explored. I think suggesting it doesn’t make mechanical sense is an undersell. It’s complex and not necessarily intuitive (Paracausality isn’t) but that doesn’t make it bad.

No, the fact that it's an overly complicated hand-wavy way to make the story and the mechanics "make sense" is what makes it bad. It's them half-assing their way out of the corner they put themselves into in the first place.

Maybe if they had been telling that story from the start I would feel different. But instead we are all experiencing the same story from different sets of eyes. We’ve never been playing with millions of Guardians in the world. That suddenly changing now is silly.

I think the first paragraphed you just typed in this post is silly. We see every other Guardian out in the world, doing the same things we're doing, and they're all just paracausal entities that are actually still us and no one in the game has anything to say about that? That's ridiculous.

We have been playing with millions of Guardians out in the world, literally. We see it every time we log on and go to a Destination with other Guardians running around. To ignore that feels foolish to me.

It's clear we'll never see eye to eye on this--it's just more proof that Bungie has a basically impossible task. No matter what they do, someone will end up disappointed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 15:29 (2049 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Crota killed thousands of Guardians on the moon. There are occasionally implications in the lore and in random comments from NPCs in the new Tower that a lot of Guardians died when the Red Legion cut off our Light. I'm not sure millions was ever implied, but thousands of Guardians existing at the same time certainly is... and that's enough scale to support all the random Guardians we've ever seen out and about...

My name is Eriana-3, disciple of the Praxic Warlocks, marked by the Cormorant Seal. Survivor of the great disaster: the day we set out to retake our moon, united in a host of thousands, and found ourselves outmatched by one Hive champion of unspeakable power.

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 12:44 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

As a small example, look at the way Forsaken goes down. Ikora tells the player that they’re the only Guardian that can go do this thing, then we go to the Tangled Shore and it’s filled with other Guardians. The story they tell is immediately contradicted by what’s actually happening in the game they made. They could have very easily written it so that lots of Guardians are sent on the hunt and it makes more sense.

Which is exactly how they wrote the Dreaming City, btw. "Send in the Guardians."

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 13:48 (2049 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Which is exactly how they wrote the Dreaming City, btw. "Send in the Guardians."

Exactly! Thank you. I meant to make that point but I forgot!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 09:55 (2049 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I think it is a weak argument to rest on Destiny the trappings of MMOs.

Absolutely. In my opinion MMOs are terrible and the things that define them are ultimately unfun and abusive. Bungie should get as far away as possible and transcend.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:51 (2049 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Absolutely. In my opinion MMOs are terrible

It’s really weird that you spend so much time playing one then. (:

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 13:54 (2049 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Absolutely. In my opinion MMOs are terrible

It’s really weird that you spend so much time playing one then. (:

Yeah, but that's because it so heavily leans on the FPS side of things and has up until recently minimized MMO bullshit for the most part.

FYI: Datto missed the 24 hour raid clear emblem by 2 minutes

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10:23 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Ugh. I feel for the guy, and his team.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10:27 (2050 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

That's gotta hurt

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10:46 (2050 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Lol! Bromnigul's team flat-out gave up.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 11:37 (2050 days ago) @ CougRon

Forgiving, this raid is not...

The stats speak volumes:

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 18:56 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

12 people beat Last Wish on launch day (18, if you include the team that missed it by two minutes, so let's be generous and call it 18). 37,591 people completed King's Fall on launch day.

Doesn't that indicate a problem? It sure as hell does to me.

What will matter is why.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 21:47 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

12 people beat Last Wish on launch day (18, if you include the team that missed it by two minutes, so let's be generous and call it 18). 37,591 people completed King's Fall on launch day.

Doesn't that indicate a problem? It sure as hell does to me.

• Is it because everyone is Under-leveled?
  • Is it because it took a long time to figure out the stage requirements?
  • Is it because the mechanics are so exacting?

Everyone remember how long it took, basically everyone, to clear "Dogs" in the Leviathan raid. We got the sucker down to a science now. Not only because we understand what to do, but we have the power to do it. So if this time is because of "power", then that ultimately isn't too concerning. It will get better with time. Yet if it's because of mechanics, like Kings Fall, then... oh dear.

What will matter is why.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 21:49 (2050 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Everyone remember how long it took, basically everyone, to clear "Dogs" in the Leviathan raid. We got the sucker down to a science now. Not only because we understand what to do, but we have the power to do it. So if this time is because of "power", then that ultimately isn't too concerning. It will get better with time. Yet if it's because of mechanics, like Kings Fall, then... oh dear.

I have been told in a non spoiler way that this is the most mechanically challenging raid ever, even outdoing King's Fall.

Fuuu...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 21:50 (2050 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

What will matter is why.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 05:36 (2050 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have been told in a non spoiler way that this is the most mechanically challenging raid ever, even outdoing King's Fall.

People on Reddit have been arguing back and forth on that. Plenty of people saying it isn’t that complex at all, the mechanics just seemed extra stressful because everyone is dying in 2 hits.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread