My Destiny Codes Section (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 13:44 (3860 days ago)

Make sure you go unlock all the codes that were released at Gamescom in addition to your beta code! Don't know what they are yet, but they are officially redeemable now!

[image]

Destiny Codes

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 13:51 (3860 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Zero, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 13:58

Are the ones from Gamescon not single use?

Edit: I guess not. Wonder what they're for.

Destiny Codes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:19 (3860 days ago) @ Zero

Yeah Bungie actually encouraged people who got them to share the codes!

Destiny Codes

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:31 (3860 days ago) @ Xenos

Oh sweet, I'll be sure to be on the lookout for any extras I find.

Destiny Codes

by Achronos, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:51 (3859 days ago) @ Zero

The Gamescom codes are not unique, 1 shot codes. Share them, although you can easily find them on the Internet via your favorite search engine.

The beta access codes are unique, 1 shot codes. Don't share those.

Good to know!

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 16:06 (3859 days ago) @ Achronos

- No text -

Destiny Codes

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 16:52 (3859 days ago) @ Achronos
edited by Mr Daax, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 16:56

About the beta access codes, when I entered mine in on the b.net, this message came up:

Platform selection and Beta download code generation will be available at a later day. You have successfully reserved your spot in the Destiny Beta. We will contact you in 2014 with next steps.

Will we be able to choose which platform we access the beta from, regardless of which platform the game was pre-ordered for?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it :) For everyone else:

Once you have redeemed your Beta code, your account will be approved for Beta access. At a later date, but prior to the Destiny Beta live date in 2014, you will be contacted via your email address, allowed to select your preferred console platform, and given a Destiny Beta download code...You will be able to select your preferred platform, prior to the Destiny Beta live date in 2014. Your choice of platform for the Beta is not tied to the platform you have preordered, and you will be able to select your preferred platform prior to generating your Destiny Beta download code

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:14 (3860 days ago) @ Xenos

Make sure you go unlock all the codes that were released at Gamescom in addition to your beta code! Don't know what they are yet, but they are officially redeemable now!

I thought the code redemption page was Beta-specific, but that was a good catch! Looks like there's a new "Redeemed Codes" section in our Bungie.net Profiles page now:

[image]

Heh...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:18 (3860 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

The 'Joined' code on that page (and only that page) is borked. Someone did a careless copy/paste. :)

Heh...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:35 (3860 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The 'Joined' code on that page (and only that page) is borked. Someone did a careless copy/paste. :)

Hah, totally missed that. I was too busy checking out the codes! I wonder how long before it's fixed. :)

Heh...

by Achronos, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:46 (3859 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The people responsible for not populating that field have been sacked.

I would expect nothing less

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:52 (3859 days ago) @ Achronos

- No text -

Heh...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:53 (3859 days ago) @ Achronos

A tight ship, as always.

With a HUGE under-decks space for slaves.

Heh...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 06:05 (3859 days ago) @ Claude Errera

A tight ship, as always.

With a HUGE under-decks space for slaves.

... and sacks, apparently...

My Destiny Codes Section

by kappus 000, UK, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:21 (3860 days ago) @ Xenos

couple of them wouldn't enter
turns out i had one incorrectly written down, but could the order matter?

My Destiny Codes Section

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:36 (3860 days ago) @ kappus 000

couple of them wouldn't enter
turns out i had one incorrectly written down, but could the order matter?

Nope. I entered them in a different order than the picture.

My Destiny Codes Section

by kappus 000, UK, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:38 (3860 days ago) @ Beorn

locked myself out now with incorrect entries...until tomorrow

Did anyone get their beta code yet?

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:36 (3860 days ago) @ Xenos

Amazon hasn't said a word to me

by kappus 000, UK, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:40 (3860 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

B.net points to message on amazon.com stating that they will be sent from 3rd Oct.
hoping amazon.co.uk is the same.

Amazon

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:43 (3860 days ago) @ kappus 000

B.net points to message on amazon.com stating that they will be sent from 3rd Oct.

Right, Amazon.com says:
[image]

Amazon

by kappus 000, UK, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 14:49 (3860 days ago) @ Beorn

eurogamer also says:

Those who've already pre-ordered Destiny from one of these retailers will automatically be entered in the beta and should be e-mailed their 9-digit entry code as well.

Amazon UK codes to be sent from 4th

by kappus 000, UK, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 15:19 (3859 days ago) @ kappus 000

10:13 PM(GMT) Paul: do you mean Amazon has not been provided with codes to send out?
10:13 PM(GMT) Harleen S(CSA): I would like to inform you that customers will begin receiving their beta access codes from Friday, October 4, 2013.
10:14 PM(GMT) Paul: thank you Harleen. much appreciated.
10:14 PM(GMT) Harleen S(CSA): You're most welcome.

Thanks for the info!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 15:50 (3858 days ago) @ kappus 000

- No text -

Got mine from Amazon UK

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 16:34 (3857 days ago) @ kappus 000

\o/

Got mine from Amazon UK

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, October 04, 2013, 06:09 (3857 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

Me too! I'm super excited! :D

GameStop

by stevrrr, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:06 (3860 days ago) @ kappus 000

My local GameStops have no idea when they'll have the codes, and one didn't even know about the beta at all. :(

Here's hoping they'll have it figured out before the codes run out.

GameStop

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:08 (3860 days ago) @ stevrrr

My local GameStops have no idea when they'll have the codes, and one didn't even know about the beta at all. :(

Here's hoping they'll have it figured out before the codes run out.

They did the same thing to me until I asked them to please just check and lo and behold, it was in their computer ready to be printed out.

GameStop

by stevrrr, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 16:24 (3859 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah, I called back later and they gave me the code over the phone!

GameStop

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 05:55 (3859 days ago) @ stevrrr

Yeah, I called back later and they gave me the code over the phone!

Same for me! :)

GameStop

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:11 (3860 days ago) @ stevrrr

Situations like these makes me wonder if, like the Gamescon codes, the beta codes are not single use as well.

Codes

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:38 (3860 days ago) @ Zero

Situations like these makes me wonder if, like the Gamescon codes, the beta codes are not single use as well.

Uh, no. The Beta codes will most certainly be single-use. One pre-order = one Beta. Participating in the Beta is an incentive to pre-order! I'll post my code after I redeem it to let you check if they are in fact unique. :) Update: See Achronos' post about the Beta codes being unique.

Also, for what it's worth, those beta codes have at least 101,559,960,000,000 (101 trillion) unique combinations (assuming 26 chars + 10 numerals, and I don't know if symbols are allowed). If they wanted non-unique codes, they would have used something… shorter.

My guess is that Destiny is going to have wide-ranging support for these codes. Imagine buying a cool Destiny figurine that has some badass cloak and a code in the box. Type the code into Bungie.net and it gives you that cloak artwork in-game. I wonder how long the Gamescom codes will be active; I could see them being turned off after the Beta, or maybe they'll always work and anyone who wants to use them can. Giving away a few free codes is an excellent way to get people interested in the system and to see how it works without having to buy-in first.

Run out?

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:30 (3860 days ago) @ stevrrr

There are 100 trillion combinations.

They ain't running out any time soon.

Run out?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:42 (3859 days ago) @ RC

There are 100 trillion combinations.
They ain't running out any time soon.

Obviously they won't be using every permutation, otherwise what's the point? ;-) Given that the Gamescom codes work already, I doubt that the codes will be limited to the Beta. I bet we'll be seeing them pop up all over the place.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 22:02 (3859 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Today I ordered more copies on different platforms (just in case), and they sent me wallpaper. No beta code yet.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 22:07 (3859 days ago) @ Kermit

by broony, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 04:36 (3859 days ago) @ Beorn

I got my Amazon code this morning.

Same here, actually :)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 06:03 (3859 days ago) @ broony

- No text -

Got mine this morning

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 05:39 (3859 days ago) @ MrPadraig08
edited by Mid7night, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 06:03

Preordered yesterday, got an email with the bonus wallpaper right away.

Just got my beta code email this morning! Haven't tried redeeming it yet, I just woke up and need to get ready for work. ;)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 15:08 (3859 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Got mine! Had to go into Gamestop and convince them that I knew more about it than they did! But low and behold they printed out a new receipt and there it was!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 20:35 (3858 days ago) @ breitzen

Got mine! Had to go into Gamestop and convince them that I knew more about it than they did! But low and behold they printed out a new receipt and there it was!

I'd like to get a code but I lost my receipt since pre-ordering it months ago. Hmm...I'll have to call them.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 00:13 (3858 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

My Amazon code just came in after preordering on Tuesday afternoon.

I have been redeemed!

by scarab @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 05:11 (3857 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

My Destiny Codes Section

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 19:10 (3859 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks a lot for this.

Thanks so much for sharing!

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 18:52 (3858 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Exciting to be typing in Destiny codes already!

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 21:08 (3858 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Need moar!!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 22:11 (3858 days ago) @ katancik

- No text -

Best Buy pre-orderers

by ruwe_44, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 06:03 (3858 days ago) @ Xenos

Anyone pre-order from Best Buy? I did on the 1st and haven't received a code yet, nothing was printed on the receipt either. Just curious if anyone had received theirs yet.

Will they ACTUALLY run out of codes?

by ruwe_44, Friday, October 04, 2013, 15:04 (3857 days ago) @ ruwe_44

IIRC Deej said there was a limited number of beta codes (they also said they were planning on "millions" of people in the beta). If the number is actually limited I may have to change where I preordered... Went to Bestbuy to ask why I hadn't received my beta code I was told by manager that they weren't sending out codes until the actual beta date was announced... anybody have any incite into this? I'm not that concerned yet, but yeah...

by urk, Sunday, October 06, 2013, 09:43 (3855 days ago) @ ruwe_44

They are definitely limited, and there's no reason you shouldn't be sent your code right away. Please contact them again and let me know what they tell you.

by ruwe_44, Friday, October 11, 2013, 05:40 (3850 days ago) @ urk

I'm going into the store again today to check again. It seems my local BB is slow to learn of the new things. I had to inform the store manager about their new policy a few months back about your rewardzone points being tied to your credit card and that you could redeem them at the counter without having to print out the certificate. Took them about a month to actually implement that...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 11, 2013, 07:40 (3850 days ago) @ ruwe_44

As much as I would hate to see them go away--I like being able to actually see and touch items in brick and mortar stores--I've always found customer service to be a crap shoot at Best Buy.

by ruwe_44, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 06:09 (3846 days ago) @ urk

Welp, went into the store on 10-11 and talked to the customer service guy there. The only thing he knew to try was cancelling and then re-preordering. I originally ordered on 10-1, and in 10 days hadn't received it yet and I've checked my spam folder everyday. I still have not received it yet after another 4 days. I've tried calling the 888 # and I have terrible luck with that, I always get someone who has a terrible phone and/or I can't understand what the hell they are saying. I'm giving this forum post from BBY community connector a chance (link below). It's funny, I've seen several other people post that they ordered in store and received their email within 4 hours. It's weird, EVERY other 'extras' from BBY I've received the email within a matter of minutes and the one I'm actually excited about I may miss out on....

link

My Destiny Codes Section

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 06:15 (3858 days ago) @ Xenos

I got my pre-order code from Amazon last night around 2am.

I had pre-ordered for 360 & PS4 and I received two codes (only used one).

Anyone get TWO codes for ONE preorder?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 07:16 (3858 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I only preordered for the 360, but this morning I got a second code email. Thinking it might be for something else, I (stupidly) entered the code and found that it was just another Beta code. So now I'm a little bummed 'cause I would've given it away, had I read the email closer and seen it was a beta code before using it up. Oh well... :-\

I also got another one

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 07:39 (3858 days ago) @ Mid7night

Not sure what to do with it.

I also got another one

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 23:50 (3857 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Not sure what to do with it.

Give it to Cody, that's what!

Bungie did the right thing and hooked me up with the Reach Beta early (much to my enjoyment, Reach Beta was the second best multiplayer!), but somehow I don't they will do that this time around…

:-p

I will be sure to write interesting, thought provoking, discussion starting posts about everything wrong / right with Destiny, and provide valuable feedback.

Sure

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, October 04, 2013, 07:51 (3857 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I can't imagine a Bungie launch without your opinions invading my online life at every turn. It wouldn't be the same.

Email me @ padraig08@live.com ;)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 07:52 (3858 days ago) @ Mid7night

It kinda sounds like Bungie will be sending out codes before the beta that you actually use to download the beta for the platform you want. Maybe you can give out that code...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 08:08 (3858 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It kinda sounds like Bungie will be sending out codes before the beta that you actually use to download the beta for the platform you want. Maybe you can give out that code...

Hmmm, good point, I remember reading that too now. I'll have to keep that in mind when the time comes. :)

No Worries...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 08:09 (3858 days ago) @ Mid7night

I only preordered for the 360, but this morning I got a second code email. Thinking it might be for something else, I (stupidly) entered the code and found that it was just another Beta code. So now I'm a little bummed 'cause I would've given it away, had I read the email closer and seen it was a beta code before using it up. Oh well... :-\

When the time comes you will get two emails asking what console you want the beta code for. You can "Give" the second code then.

Code Used

by squidnh3, Friday, October 04, 2013, 09:21 (3857 days ago) @ Xenos

So I got my code from Amazon yesterday and went to enter it this morning, but I'm getting the message that it's already been used on another account. Anyone else have this issue, or should I be worried that someone gained access to my gmail account to steal a freely given code, or that someone is gaming the code system?

Code Used

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 04, 2013, 10:40 (3857 days ago) @ squidnh3

So I got my code from Amazon yesterday and went to enter it this morning, but I'm getting the message that it's already been used on another account. Anyone else have this issue, or should I be worried that someone gained access to my gmail account to steal a freely given code, or that someone is gaming the code system?

I'd contact your retailer and ask them. There's a possibility that their code-distribution system screwed something up (maybe they sent the same code to 1,000 people or something).

Bungie.net has a pretty effective anti-brute-force system in place, so I wouldn't worry about someone gaming the system. You can't enter a code until you log into your Bungie.net account, and any specific account has only a few attempts before it's locked for the day. Even if someone had 10,000 Bungie.net accounts with 10 attempts each day, it would take them over 2.7 million years to get through the entire set. And behavior like that would put up a huge red flag at Bungie.net ops and they'd shut down whoever it is very quickly.

And just to be safe, change your email password. :)

Got codes for new orders, not old.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 04, 2013, 09:42 (3857 days ago) @ Xenos

I got codes for the next-gen titles I pre-ordered this week, but not for the 360 title I pre-ordered in February.

I don't think I'll need three codes mind you, but this is on the off chance I lose all common sense and buy two more consoles before the beta. I might like to see if there's any differences between them (without buying three copies of the game).

New code from Reddit!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, October 05, 2013, 21:13 (3855 days ago) @ Xenos

Reddit posted a new code related to the Moon!

JMR-LFN-4A3

Go redeem it!

That's card #7

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, October 05, 2013, 21:24 (3855 days ago) @ Xenos

I wonder where's #6

Cards 6, 7, and 8

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, October 06, 2013, 08:27 (3855 days ago) @ ZackDark

I wonder where's #6

6, 7, and 8:
https://twitter.com/TheVanguardian1/status/386788447748251648

(Hive) 473-MXR-3X9 #6
(Moon) JMR-LFN-4A3 #7
(Gjallarhorn) HC3-H44-DKC #8

Not sure where those guys got the codes, but they work. Thanks for the heads-up, Hedge!

Cards 6, 7, and 8

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, October 06, 2013, 10:06 (3855 days ago) @ Beorn

Not sure where those guys got the codes, but they work. Thanks for the heads-up, Hedge!

According to the first guy they (I would assume Activision in this event since Bungie hasn't talked about it) are handing out new trading cards at a Netherlands event called "First Look"

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread