This Week at Bungie (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, October 15, 2020, 13:23 (1281 days ago)

Link: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49649

Timing details for the Raid, some general stuff about Cipher Decoders, and a farewell from an old friend.

Thanks for leading the Community Team so well over the years DeeJ. Can't wait to see what's next for ya.

DeeJ

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 15, 2020, 13:40 (1281 days ago) @ breitzen

From the hilarious Community Theater to the way you were there to encourage and sum up the points made by sometimes nervous devs during the live streams, to having to calm an entire community of gamers when things sometimes went wrong, to helping lose the DBO vs DBO Bungie Bounty match so I could get one of those very nearly exclusive Xbox 360 emblems, you were awesome. It'll be sad to see you go, but you certainly left an impression! :)

ಥ_ಥ DeeJ Noooooooooooo

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 15, 2020, 16:40 (1281 days ago) @ breitzen

In lieu of words here is a few links down memory lane. (Not all of them... but ones I found that seemed nice to look back on.)

February 18, 2013 ("Behind the Curtain")

February 18, 2013 (Activision Press Release)

May 24, 2013 ("I was thinking about you guys the whole time.")

June 25, 2013 (Answering Questions)

September 03, 2013 (Truest of all truths.)

January 10, 2014 (Posted a Bup-Date link here!)

July 15, 2015 (Talking about Cosmo)

November 28, 2017 (Last post here)

His last post above was in 2017. ;_;

Godspeed on your next adventure DeeJ.

Look at all those OG users!

by yakaman, Monday, October 19, 2020, 09:47 (1277 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

ಥ_ಥ DeeJ Noooooooooooo

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 19, 2020, 14:10 (1277 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In lieu of words here is a few links down memory lane. (Not all of them... but ones I found that seemed nice to look back on.)

February 18, 2013 ("Behind the Curtain")

February 18, 2013 (Activision Press Release)

May 24, 2013 ("I was thinking about you guys the whole time.")

June 25, 2013 (Answering Questions)

September 03, 2013 (Truest of all truths.)

January 10, 2014 (Posted a Bup-Date link here!)

July 15, 2015 (Talking about Cosmo)

November 28, 2017 (Last post here)

His last post above was in 2017. ;_;

Godspeed on your next adventure DeeJ.

Thanks for that, Insane. Quite the trip down memory lane.

DeeJ, you did yeoman's work, and we all appreciated it. Personally, I'm grateful for your kindnesses to me during sojourns out west. See you starside.

Kerm

Xbox Blind Raid?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 15, 2020, 20:27 (1281 days ago) @ breitzen

Who’s interested? Seems like we have plenty of prep time, and the 21st lines up with my Saturday off, so i I’ll definitely be looking to jump in.

Xbox Blind Raid?

by squidnh3, Friday, October 16, 2020, 04:48 (1280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Who’s interested? Seems like we have plenty of prep time, and the 21st lines up with my Saturday off, so i I’ll definitely be looking to jump in.

I'm seriously interested. Normally I have a lot of family events this time of year, but I'm not quite sure which ones will actually happen. Hopefully I can work around the ones that do.

Yes.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 16, 2020, 06:09 (1280 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'm willing to do some herding/scheduling.

I'd already planned on it, but my main preference is availability for long sessions. The worst thing is being in a blind raid for an hour and someone saying "I gotta run, guys."

Yes.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 16, 2020, 06:22 (1280 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd already planned on it, but my main preference is availability for long sessions. The worst thing is being in a blind raid for an hour and someone saying "I gotta run, guys."

That’s why I want to do it launch weekend. Normally I’d prefer the extra time to prepare, but this seems like long enough, and it aligns with a weekend I already don’t work. I can play literally all weekend. If we waited, it would be two weeks for my next Saturday off, and that seems like the surest way to end up not having a blind team, in my experience. We could always do weeknights, but that also leads to short and inconsistent play sessions, which always ends up frustrating for me.

Yes.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 16, 2020, 06:36 (1280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s why I want to do it launch weekend. Normally I’d prefer the extra time to prepare, but this seems like long enough, and it aligns with a weekend I already don’t work. I can play literally all weekend. If we waited, it would be two weeks for my next Saturday off, and that seems like the surest way to end up not having a blind team, in my experience. We could always do weeknights, but that also leads to short and inconsistent play sessions, which always ends up frustrating for me.

And me. I'd like to devote as much time as possible on the weekend. I could easily see us hitting a wall with the contest restrictions the first 24 hours, but ideally we'd finish Sunday night or have a mechanics figured out for the final boss Sunday night (which to me is "finishing" blind).

Yes.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 16, 2020, 07:21 (1280 days ago) @ Kermit

That’s basically where I’m at. I’m willing to go beyond Sunday and even after reset, but probably not for long. Like I said last time, I think Last Wish broke me off wanting to tackle a blind raid over multiple weeks. I’m more of the mind to give it a real good shot and then just call it anymore. I consider seeing the final encounter a win anymore. Although that’s kind of screwed me—I still haven’t actually ever finished Last Wish or Garden.

Yes.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 16, 2020, 08:13 (1280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s basically where I’m at. I’m willing to go beyond Sunday and even after reset, but probably not for long. Like I said last time, I think Last Wish broke me off wanting to tackle a blind raid over multiple weeks. I’m more of the mind to give it a real good shot and then just call it anymore. I consider seeing the final encounter a win anymore. Although that’s kind of screwed me—I still haven’t actually ever finished Last Wish or Garden.

We need to fix that!

I'd like to put my name in

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, October 16, 2020, 06:09 (1280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Xbox Blind Raid?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 16, 2020, 11:35 (1280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Interested? Of course. But it's WAAAAAAAAY too early to say if I'll be willing or able, if not only for the life altering importance and reasons that exist outside of this game in November. We are a month and change away from the 21st of November. For this year of way too many events, I don't want to say I'll be able only to than find myself fighting off the hungry undead when COVID-19 mutates to bring em back on Halloween or whatever. LOL... goodness.

I am glad we have more than a week to bump up our light. It is a 170 point increase we'll be aiming to achieve after all, so I guess we would need all the help we can get.

Count me in

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, October 16, 2020, 13:24 (1280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I only ask a small amount of understanding when I need ~5 min breaks every couple hours to help take my [disabled] sons to the bathroom, but otherwise I have already cleared it with the wife that I will be committing to spending every other spare minute of that weekend able to raid.

Also, as others have already said, I don't like the idea of it drawing out over a couple weeks, with a couple hours here and there. I want to commit to playing as much as possible that weekend (and maybe into the next week, if needed) to get it figured out, and hopefully even done - and then free to not have to continue averting my eyes and ears from any raid content.

Xbox Blind Raid?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 16, 2020, 13:27 (1280 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’d be*, and Sammy might as well (she’s been wanting to play with some of the old crew again, and she had fun backseat gaming on our blind Garden run). But there’d be a number of caveats, with time being a big issue, as you’ve mentioned. I normally have plenty of patience for bashing our heads against the wall, but Sammy doesn’t after the first couple of hours in a single encounter. Ideally if she joins, we’d have to have a real solid team put together..

I dunno. Slap one or both of us down as tentative (weekends are great!), but yeh. Depending on several factors, I’d have to see who all I can do it with, if I’m able to at all.

Xbox Blind Raid?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, October 16, 2020, 13:42 (1280 days ago) @ Korny

Sammy’s realization for opening the door in the first encounter is a GOAT raid moment for me still. Oh be quiet Sammy, there’s no way that’s how this works!

Xbox Blind Raid?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, October 16, 2020, 14:43 (1280 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, but... how are you gonna have time to grind both of y'alls characters up to level in time?

Xbox Blind Raid?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 16, 2020, 15:10 (1280 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, but... how are you gonna have time to grind both of y'alls characters up to level in time?

If she doesn't want to grind all the way up to the Contest cap, guess I'll have to use one of the reddit guides for maximum efficiency that turns the game into a checklist of chores that I have to do in order to have a chance to enjoy the fun parts of the game...

So normal Destiny as Bungie wants it to be, I guess.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread