End of Season 18 Thoughts - Season Of Plunder (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, December 05, 2022, 12:01 (508 days ago)

This may be the first season I don't get the cache of bright-dust at the end of the season. And, while I am minorly bummed about this streak being ended, I'm also not too bothered by it. As this may be the first season I did not finish the seasonal story. And why is that? Well, I still have no idea how I was to progress through the darn thing.

For a season of pirates, the only thing that was stolen seems to have been how cool it would be to have a season with pirates. :/

Ah well... this is my last chance to post this within theme so...

THIS GOES SO HARD, OMG! IT'S SO GOOD!... -_- unlike this season. Ugh.

End of Season 18 Thoughts - Season Of Plunder

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 05, 2022, 12:52 (508 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Korny, Monday, December 05, 2022, 12:58

For a season of pirates, the only thing that was stolen seems to have been how cool it would be to have a season with pirates. :/

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the whole season. Ketchcrash was cool, but the Pirate aspect was super surface level… heck, parts of Wrath of the Machine were way more Pirate themed than almost anything this season. I say Boo Bungie. Boo.

Makes me wonder if Grasp of Avarice was supposed to launch this season, since the Goonies Dungeon did the Pirate plunder story super well without the need for swashbuckling…

Anyway, it figures that the one season I was stoked for is by far the worst season yet. I didn’t even bother finishing it once the story hit 100% predictable status. I ain’t grinding Expeditions, Bungle.

Ditto.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 05, 2022, 13:18 (508 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This season was bad. If it wasn't for Arc 3.0 and Lord of Thunder Titans being so goddamn fun, I don't think I'd have played at all. None of the seasonal activities were fun, the story can barely be called a story, the weapons are boring and would be complete write-offs if it wasn't for Voltshot. I spent more time in the Leviathan this season than I did in any Plunder activities.

Despite all that, I'm excited to see what next season brings. Destiny is still damn fun to play and there's enough good stuff still available that a bad season isn't the end of the world.

Voltshot is the bomb.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, December 05, 2022, 13:26 (508 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Voltshot is the bomb.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 05, 2022, 13:33 (508 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I agree, it rules. I just wish it was on some weapons I actually like. The sidearm is okay, but I'd love it on my The Last Dance instead. Or Posterity. I'm sure it'll make its way to other perk pools eventually. It's just disappointing after last season where I loved almost every weapon. Still, I had fun playing this season, even if that time wasn't actually spent on this season's activities.

Heard That Osiris Woke Up...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, December 10, 2022, 21:14 (503 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I don't know when this happened, but I decided to log in one more time to check my progress on the moon(hey, grinding or not that place is my home) and I was greeted with a Saint-14 cutscene. Most of it naturally went over my head, although I was surprised and pleased to hear him finally pronounce Misraaks' name correctly. So from what I gather, he was able to brew a potion of darkness(that a good idea?) and used it to heal Osiris, and awaken him. Seeing Saint-14 unmasked for the first time was a heck of a surprise. And of course, when Osiris smiled and said "Saint...my love" , my heart just soared. But naturally, I couldn't help but hurt a little too...

I obviously missed the last few seasons, but Plunder at least sounded interesting. Season of the Seraph(PTSD name) seems like it might be intriguing—are they finally moving Rasputin to a USB jump drive!?

Oh, and unrelated: how's my kindred spirit Eido doing?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread