An INSANEdrive Update: Now it's Early 2023 Edition (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, January 29, 2023, 15:30 (451 days ago)

A little over two months ago, I mentioned at the end of a timeline-combined and multifaceted post on how 2023 was going to be a big deal for me. And that I was pulling back on my Destiny game time in response.

Yep. And...

[image]

...yep yep.

Sure called that. And yet... man. Sure didn't see that other thing coming. Or, was it the other way around? And, OH! The "universe just saying... man, it's time" has indeed played out, but in both a way sooner and in a format FAR more different than I knew. #Life

And Holy Cojones Batman! The list of things I've wanted to post! Yet, I've just been unable to find myself with the down time where I could pour out the words (and videos). I'll have y'all know that my big 'ol posts take quite some time to slosh around and find the gold in, and, I just don't yet see how I can pull that sort of thing off yet.

It's a real bummer.

Things like:

• A Deeper explanation in my thoughts upon Warlock Gameplay

(Subject to Change. This is a snippet. This is a Work in Progress, but might not finish.)
...Unfortunately, I had to resist giving full details of my thoughts, as I risked digressing the main purpose of my post in the first place. Hence the half-measured examples and texts that were "close enough". And yet, I also said (or at least implied) I was going to give full details as to why I have the current conclusions I do. Thus, thanks to a mix of holiday down time and a few sleepless nights, I think I've narrowed in on the why. And so I've decided to, best I can with the time I have, present in example the (which I know are ever a dime a dozen) ideas, concepts, and the all around gameplay design which is so desperately missing to solidify with declaration; "This is a Warlock". ...

(Alas, even the holiday down time wasn't enough time :/)

• A Third Story about my set of Guardians; Wendell the Warlock, Wataru the Hunter, and Wally (which is the diminutive for Walter) the Titan.

(Subject to Change. This is a snippet. This is a Work in Progress, but might not finish.)
Wendell awoke in a hard *GASP*, the condensation of the cool night sky fresh on his Exo form.
In a wild switching of his gaze, he looked around the New Monarchy Balcony, and then, in standing, to the Traveler.

"It's still there."

What did I just say? He thought to himself. "Of course it's still there, why wouldn't..."

The Warlock considered his own question, and then considered the root to why even asked the question at all.

It had been years since that dream. That nightmare. That specter thought which was all too real back when Europa was to soon reveal its secrets.

"That... vision?" He recollects.

The Traveler, Gone. Replaced with a legion dark obsidian pyramids. The sky filled of skewed black shark teeth swallowing the sky...

... and where the Traveler once was known, was by far the largest pyramid of them all.

Wendell comes back from his recall. It's a beautiful night, filled both in gentle breeze and gentle song which night shall bring. And try as he did, he just couldn't drink it in. When ever he opened his heart to the moment, all he could taste was fear. Fear that other beautiful nights like this would soon be gone. A second time.

"What am I doing. It was nothing. NOTHING! And all the things I knew this year was because I'm, um... AN EXO. My machine body could predict those sorts of things!"

Didn't work. Wendell knew he was lying to himself, that it all was more than that. And he just wanted to cry. He just... didn't want to be afraid anymore. Or, at least, not like this.

Wendell looked up to the Traveler, and sighed a gasping sigh. And he asked, as ever redundantly... more to himself then for any response, in whisper, "Why can't I forget"?

• An absolute, F'kn sea of Videos ... which, I have no idea how I'm going to present.

• And of course, a community raffle on when Wu is going to find the time to fix the rest of the stuff he broke. Like... the rest of the buttons! I could have sworn we had more buttons then I'm seeing in the post composition menu. Eh, well, the buttons with expanded menus don't seem to work yet...so, so THERE! Neh. :P

[image]

TL;DR "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."

[image]

So then, with all that said, I miss playing with you lot as I once did, and as we ebb into February 2023 here, I hope y'all are well. I still haven't purchased the forthcoming expansion as I'm still not sure if I'll have a solid few hours of time where I would want to play the game. And if I do find myself with an evening or weekend where I feel I can burn a few hours in Destiny, I hope y'all can help cover my under-leveled ass. And holy crap, I sure do expect that I'm going to need a farming partner for the "stuff" needed to get red borders, among other scraps of loot.

Lots of Change!

Cheers folks,

~INSANEdrive

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread