The dboTV Holiday Special - Tuesday, Dec. 17th at 9pm EST (DBO)

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, December 16, 2013, 22:25 (3783 days ago)

It's back! Starting one hour early this week - tonight at 9:00pm EST (6:00pm PST).

There's a ton of news to cover, so I'll need plenty of help; I want to get as many community members on this episode as possible. Here's what you'll need:

1. A webcam/microphone setup. (Xbox One works as well.)
2. A Skype account.
3. $29.99 check or money order. FREE if you respond in the next 24 hours!

Send me an email, a tweet, or just reply in this thread if you're interested. My plan is to rotate guests throughout the show; I might try using 3-way Skype video chats depending on how many people show up. Additionally, if you have a specific topic you'd like to discuss (recent Destiny news, your favorite Bungie gameplay moment, a community story, etc.) be sure to mention it in the email/tweet/message.

I'm calling this the "dboTV Holiday Special", but for the most part it will look just like any other episode (aside from the musical performances by Jefferson Starship and Bea Arthur). If for some strange reason they cancel I'll probably just read a parody version of some old poem.

The dboTV Holiday Special - Tuesday, Dec. 17th at 9pm EST

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, December 16, 2013, 22:33 (3783 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I'd like too but... uh... I don't really like my voice. (Is that weird?) Plus I don't know what I'd talk about!

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, December 16, 2013, 22:46 (3783 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'd like too but... uh... I don't really like my voice. (Is that weird?)

Heh, not weird at all! I don't like my own voice, but nobody else seems to mind so I'll just keep talking.

Plus I don't know what I'd talk about!

A good host can make up for that. You're stuck with me though. :P

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, December 16, 2013, 22:49 (3783 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

All right. Unless something comes up I'll probably join in. Just got to decide if I want to wear my Destiny shirt or the slightly older HBO one.

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, December 16, 2013, 22:51 (3783 days ago) @ Ragashingo

All right. Unless something comes up I'll probably join in. Just got to decide if I want to wear my Destiny shirt or the slightly older HBO one.

Wardrobe selection is one of the toughest parts of dboTV's production. Especially if I forget to pick out a hat.

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 09:33 (3783 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'd like too but... uh... I don't really like my voice. (Is that weird?)

Not really. You just gotta get used to it.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, December 16, 2013, 22:42 (3783 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I'll join in! I'm willing to talk about just about anything, if you have something no on else wants to talk about let me know and I'll contribute.

Awesome!

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, December 16, 2013, 22:48 (3783 days ago) @ Xenos

I'll join in! I'm willing to talk about just about anything, if you have something no on else wants to talk about let me know and I'll contribute.

Got it. You're on my list:

Name - Topic
Xenos - Where do babies come from?

Awesome!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, December 16, 2013, 22:54 (3783 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Name - Topic
Xenos - Where do babies come from?

Perfect! I'll prepare diagrams and videos!

BTW: My Skype ID

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 18:08 (3782 days ago) @ Xenos

My Skype ID is xenoskb

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, December 16, 2013, 23:56 (3783 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Hey, I'd love to get in on this. I've got a PS3 eye-toy thing and I'm pretty sure it'll work with my computer. I'll just download some drivers tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted for the evening.

Do it!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 08:31 (3783 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

A cooking segment!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 16:17 (3782 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Well poo. I was able to get my ps eye to work, but my computers GPU has crapped out yet again. I don't think I'll be able to participate tonight, or even watch. :(

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 16:27 (3782 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Well poo. I was able to get my ps eye to work, but my computers GPU has crapped out yet again. I don't think I'll be able to participate tonight, or even watch. :(

Watch it on the 360 Twitch App!

I'm about 50/50

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 10:27 (3783 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Jimmy Fallon wants me on tonight and Jay Leno is getting jelly. I'll see if I can squeeze you in.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 17:05 (3782 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I might make an appearance if the crowd attendance is too low. Mind you, my ping might be atrocious and it will take a few minutes to set up the laptop (only thing with a webcam around here).

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 14:02 (3628 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

How come this one isn't on the list?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 14:24 (3628 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I think Duncan is ashamed of this episode :) We referenced it as the long lost holiday special (like the Star Wars holiday special).

Yeah

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 16:08 (3628 days ago) @ Xenos

It was over within an hour and the after-chat was full of obscure references and shame.

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 17:08 (3627 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Hm, that's weird. We have top men working to find it right now.

[image]

Top.
Men.

(It was a particularly rough episode that mostly involved me chatting with Xenos and the precious few people that showed up to watch. Nothing worth archiving. You kinda had to be there.)

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 17:18 (3627 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I was there. It wasn't as bad as they're making it out to be. At least Xenos wasn't. Hey-ooooh! Just kidding, Duncan.

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 17:36 (3627 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I was there. It wasn't as bad as they're making it out to be. At least Xenos wasn't. Hey-ooooh! Just kidding, Duncan.

Tread lightly. There are still some empty boxes in that warehouse for troublemakers.

;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread