Golgoroth DPS Strategies (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 23:19 (2991 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was talking to a friend of mine about the various Kings Fall mechanics and I think that the Golgoroth fight has the most varieties of strategy for how to maximize damage on the boss. Even within DBO events, I'm not sure we've settled on particular strategy we use every time. Since this is the Golgoroth Challenge week, I figure I'd collect the ones I'm familiar with. Is there a clear favorite, is there another strategy that should be tried?

1-Gaze, One Orb (no bubble):
This is the most common strategy used in XBox One DBO events. One gaze holder positions at the front left. The DPS team positions on the right side bridge, shooting Golgoroth to draw his attention and shooting the orb. When the orb falls, the Gaze holder grabs the gaze and the DPS team runs into the pool to begin doing damage to the boss.
Pros: With no gaze switch, there are no cursed thralls spawning behind the DPS team that risk a wipe
Cons: The time required to move from the back right to the front left pool takes away potential damage; this strat usually requires 4 DPS cycles.

The groups I do it with have only a single person on the right side bridge; everyone else is hiding behind pillars near the front left. With a Titan for WoL and one or two Hunters for tethers, this is pretty easy to finish in 3 rounds. (As long as you're not in Golgy's line of sight, being front-left is not a problem for grabbing gaze, by either the teaser or the gaze-holder.)

As the guy who often runs distraction, this method is much less reliable for getting him to turn. People claim it's just as fast, but it's really rough for consistency.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread