Can confirm, 100% success rate. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 16:17 (2997 days ago) @ unoudid

- If everyone stands on the bridge then you lose 4-5 seconds of potential damage just running across Golg to the puddle and getting set. Not to mention trying to run through a bubble to get the damage buff.

The only way you'd lose 5 seconds there is if you walked backwards to get there. Something I don't get is that I'm consistently the guy on the bridge, and I lead in damage numbers virtually every time, if people look. I've got the same damn gun as everybody, and I have never walked into a weapons of light bubble on him. On the bridge, you can start going towards the puddle in good faith that the gaze getter will snipe the guy, and it's reliable.

The vast majority of the time I've had people in the front, it takes a lot of work to get the gaze, often requiring several magazines, a grenade, and many lost seconds trying to get the guy to turn around. If you can trust your team enough to hide successfully, you can trust your team enough to time it well from the bridge.

Furthermore, DPS isn't normally a huge problem. The first team we got him to the taken part in two damage phases, and had plenty of leisure time on the third, so we could play it safe with the taken, then we killed him on the fourth. This is plenty of time. We were tight. Kermit's annoyingly good at getting the gaze, we all did our jobs, the tethers were solid, and so on.

The second time, we were shit because we were sloppy, not because either strategy was bad. DPS was, again, not a problem. The problem was dying.

- If you place the bubble in the left tunnel and dip back and forth for WoL this causes you to lose potential shots on Golg. People ducking back in there also can cause other people to miss just by bumping them or walking in front of their shots. Having to reload due to other people making you miss your shots just kills the DPS Flow.

I'm not sure anyone actually does this. People place the bubble and afaik nobody uses it. I certainly never have.

I have an aversion to strategies that are any tiny bit more complicated than necessary with not obviously tangible benefits in practice, because I know who I play with, and I know who I am. The more steps we add, the worse we get. The more one guy can fuck it up, the less likely it is to work.

If 5 guys are at spawn side, if one of them makes a wrong move, the strategy's benefits erode, and it becomes a detriment. If 5 guys are on the bridge, if 3 people fuck up, it's largely identical to if nobody did, and we don't necessarily need that extra damage. Furthermore, it's consistent. The benefits of consistency in a less-than-perfect team cannot be overstated. The less precise our play, the more we depend on consistency.

I've done Golgoroth with most of these at one point or another, and on good days, the strategy you suggested works exceptionally well, but most days aren't good days. Note that we did two sister runs first try. The sisters can be done with high skill and sloppy play, which is what we had in our group. As long as we can jump and not die, we're golden.

Golgoroth, in my opinion, has only one reliable method for sloppy play, and it's guys on the right bridge. The best part about it is that unlike other strategies that are employed for sloppy play, like the oracles cheese or the right side Templar, or jumping the bridge, or skipping lights, this one is also usable by perfect teams, with benefits, and usable by wildly incompetent teams as well.

This is the whole reason we do one gaze. For most teams, the simpler the strategy, the better the end.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread