I just had a horrible thought. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 21:59 (3004 days ago) @ dogcow

I'll be excited when Bungie drops the treadmill act and gives us custom games and Grognok. In the mean time, I guess I'll suffer through this future expansion, because everyone knows I'll be playing it and will probably enjoy it despite Bungie's best efforts.

I just had a horrible thought concerning custom games & forge. Perhaps Bungie hasn't/won't allow them because doing so would interfere with their ability to give us the carrot of timed / bungie customized PvP events. Perhaps it's not a technical reason, perhaps it's all about player investment, and that sucks.

I doubt that's the case... If nothing else, that logic goes against the tried and true formula of micro-transaction based success (as far as I understand it). Even if Bungie's motivations were 100% purely profit driven, it would make sense to keep as many people playing as possible, however possible. An active and dedicated player base is way more likely to drop steady money on silly little in-game purchases (like emotes). Plus those players would still spend money on major expansions whenever Bungie releases them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread