Reach is the culmination of the Halo series (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 12, 2016, 03:41 (3004 days ago) @ Durandal

From a technical standpoint, Reach's development was mostly done. Bungie really could focus on tool, asset and gameplay polish, and it showed. Few other developers have the longevity with a series to focus on it that intently. I guess COD could do it, but even with the two studios and the extra development time they seem to put very little effort into it, almost like it's just a paint by numbers experience with whatever they can steal from other competing games.

Three studios now, and you take that back!
Treyarch knocked it out of the park with Black Ops 3. Besides fitting five games in one, they delivered one of the most in-depth theater modes in any game, and a massive amount of customization tools... That's why other games that cook longer (Destiny, Halo 5) frustrate me, since they lack tons of features that a studio with less time can put out (and on their first current-gen effort, no less).

On the plus side, if Bungie gets their way and can do the 10 year plan, Destiny 3 will be one heck of a game.

I've said the same about Halo 6 since Halo 4 launched. Though honestly you could say the same about most studios and franchises...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread