New names for the same old problems (Destiny)

by Durandal, Tuesday, May 03, 2016, 16:35 (2908 days ago) @ Korny

I think many of these same problems were in RPGs and MMOs like WoW for a long time. The Shooters are just catching up as they go through the same growing pains of adding the "investment systems" to the classic shooter archetype.

I confess i quit Warframe after a few hours of playing, it seemed to me to be very similar to Vanilla Destiny at the time and I recognized that both would make heavy demands for grind. I personally didn't like their art style as much nor the C3P0 main ship, so I opted for Destiny instead.

I think Bungie's approach to these problems is following a similar trajectory, but I have less experience with the end game mechanics of Warframe to truly comment. From a business perspective Warframe, like other F2P style games thrives on constant small content bumps and feedback to players. Thus they have lots of incentive to actively work on very frequent communication with fans and turn around incremental changes quickly.

Bungie is on a far more regimented plan. I just don't see them set up to react that way and it shows with their communication. It isn't easy for them to go this rout because they are not structured to do so.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread