Something that Bungie (and all devs) could learn from DE... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 03, 2016, 17:23 (2915 days ago) @ Korny

Maybe because the game is fun, and it's fun to play with friends.
If you like the game's mechanics, and you enjoy playing with your friends, doing lots of little stuff is perfectly fine. You're essentially saying "why bother playing Reach once you've beaten it on Legendary? You've mastered the game, there's no point to keep playing it!"

I mean, once you can beat Reach on Legendary with your hand behind your back, and there is no sense of challenge or discovery left, I probably would not keep playing it. My Xbox 360 is in my closet right now :-/

People like to play for different reasons, and smaller stuff gives folks lots of reasons to hop on and play with friends, as well as helping the overall value of the game. You seem to wish that Destiny only launched with a Tutorial, a Raid, and then nothing until the next Raid came out. Where's the fun/value in that?

You're right, but the smaller stuff should come with big stuff at the same time. An update with small stuff sooner is not as satisfying as an update with small + big stuff later on. On its own, small stuff doesn't really hit that critical mass.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread