What makes a good raid? (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Tuesday, July 05, 2016, 20:34 (2852 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

That's where King's Fall fails in my opinion. Video games are supposed to be fun. When people start snapping at each other because they are so worried about a single misstep, it isn't fun. I won't even sign up for an Oryx challenge mode run because of how serious people take it.

That said, I think failing at Warpriest repeatedly is some weird thing that just happens randomly. The fight is so dull and repetitive that people get careless.

Of course, I'd rather run the raid while listening to music.

Running King's Fall makes me want to eat glass.

The Vault is just straight up fun.
Crota is like a strike on steroids considering how fast it can be run.
King's Fall is awful.

It's a brutal bitch of endless mechanics that all have nearly zero tolerance for any deviation or failure. One person died? Wipe. Not enough damage done on a round because everyone was just a few seconds slow? Wipe. Miss a jump trying to take out the sisters? Wipe. It doesn't help that the bits in between the precision clockwork madness that are the boss fights are largely platforming, and I hate and suck at platforming. And rewards? What rewards? Yay! Primary ammo synths and motes and Moldering Shard... things... Oh, and occasionally an actual high light piece of gear that I don't like the look of, or don't much care to use, and so immediately use for infusion fodder. At least when I run the Vault or Crota I feel like I'm getting something valuable, despite the fact it's all garbage at this point. I also dislike how pigeon holed I feel when it comes to the gear one should ideally be running. It isn't fun when one doesn't particularly enjoy sniping, yet the best way to take out every boss is to blow them away with Black Spindle repeatedly. Also, you know, god help you if you haven't managed to trudge through the shitshow that is GETTING Black Spindle (even if I had one, and I don't, it'd be another weapon I'd have to infuse the crap out of to be useful, which is a waste for a gun I have no desire to use 99% of the time).

Ugh.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread