Keen Koala explains/debunks "Ghost Bullets" (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 19:30 (2791 days ago) @ Mad_Stylus

Its a handheld sniper rifle. Why wouldn't you use it for distance targets?

Them being anything but a handheld sniper rifle is why you wouldn't. Mostly because handheld sniper rifles are just sniper rifles.

I mean, heck, HCs dont even have scopes. You really want to nail something farther out, its going to take a very good eye and very precise aim. If you can pull that off, I can't really fault you.

As it stands, pulling off long range shots with a hand cannon used to be broken until their effective range was substantially shortened. Their easy of mobility and potential time to kill make more sense for a closer ranged weapon. Mix in 3SKs with high impact Scouts you can use now and it is much, much more logical. Because it used to be would get 3SKs at Scout+ ranges with Word of Crota while maintaining the up close potential. It was low risk/high reward in one of the worst ways. Then mix in 2SKs with Thorn at those same ranges, and I might have nightmares tonight of The Bad Times.

On an unrelated to that note, I do wish sights in Destiny were white when you aren't within intended engagement ranges, and only flipped "on" when you were aiming at something for optimum engagement, as Bungie did with Halo. Then you have a cut and dry communication.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread