But... right now (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 20:07 (2791 days ago) @ Korny

One other random thought, why did so many players assume that design decisions they don't agree with are bugs? TripleWreck originally cast this as a hit registration bug, and there was a reddit post that amounted to "When bungie says this is a design decision, don't believe their lies!" I think a little design literacy goes a long way in these discussions.

Those folks that whine and moan about design decisions are the kind of minority that should really be ignored, IMO. Listening to the most popular streamers and MLG players is what has all but killed the Halo sandbox in 343's hands.

These are the same people that say "Don't nerf my overpowered weapon! Make other weapons better! Also, my weapon needs these buffs...". I think the whole "ghost bullets" debacle is a load of crap. The game is meant to behave a certain way. It's how it's balanced. Does it bend the rules in order to play that way? Yeah. Is it a good solution while better solutions are found? Totally.

People saying "My bullets should always go where I point!" Should play Call of Duty with aim assist turned off (a great feature in Treyarch CoDs). They would get wrecked, because bullets always go where you're pointing, and these same people are the ones who use MIDA and 1KYS, where the aim assist is basically playing the game for them.

I think if these people want all of their shots to fly to the exact spot they are pointing at every single time, they should have all Aim Assist removed, because those two things go hand in hand.

I feel great when I'm playing Halo 5, I'm making shots when I should and missing when I'm out of range. It's all clearly communicated through the UI. Frankly, 343 has nailed a sandbox that feels great at every range depending on which gun you have at the moment. The same can't be said for Destiny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the biggest issue to solve here is the communication of what is happening when you ADS. At the moment, it LOOKS like you're going to be super accurate when really you've got a chance to miss a shot at that range.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread