Nope, it is 5 rounds, and 5 rounds only (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 14:55 (2790 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

If I had to put it in terms of other games, it feels most like ODST Firefight to me, but not unlimited length, so sort of Reach-like in length, and with Mass Effect 3's semi-random rewards system.

Can you set it to a length that is near impossible? I like the challenge of playing for a long time... For example, a buddy and I played for about 4 hours one time in ODST... it was so taxing and nerve racking. I'm surprised that neither of us had a stroke or aneurysm.

What i love about it is that i can easily get into a firefight match with 7 other spartans and go to town with all sorts of wild weapons in a variety of scenarios from hunting certain enemies to defending a base. As things escalate and you reach the point where 8 people are taking Wraiths, Scorpions, and Banshees to the enemy it's gloriously wild.

Halo doesn't have anything like a raid, but Destiny also doesn't have a matchmaking based 8 person PvE mode...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread