Misunderstanding on FFXV Sales Break-even Point (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 22:39 (2627 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The best way I can describe The Witcher 3 is that when I feel it, I feel the same way I do when I'm reading The Lord of the Rings. I feel literally transported to another world, completely absorbed by it.

The Witcher 3 is far from perfect. I can see how looking at it very analytically might paint a mediocre picture. Every quest devolves into using your Witcher senses to press X on highlight environmental objects or following footsteps. It's the same thing over and over and over again, and I can see why that might bore some players. The RPG mechanics are adequate at best. The skills are mostly boring percentage increases. But I don't care about that--the world is so good and a place I want to be in, so it doesn't matter. Like I said, I literally walk (and I mean walk, not run) everywhere. I ride Roach at his slowest speed. I refuse to fast travel (even in Skellige when I have to sail everywhere).

I really enjoy the combat in the game. I really like the sword, sign, potion triangle of combat. I like stalking and researching monsters before hunting them down. But they could cut all the combat out of that game and make it literally a huge walking simulator crossed with a Telltale game (which it sort of feels like anyway at some points) and I'd love it just as much. Like I said, this is a prime example of the whole adding up to much more than the sum of its parts. It's so easy to see the passion and dedication of CDProjekt Red in this game, and that makes me love it all the more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread