Misunderstanding on FFXV Sales Break-even Point (Off-Topic)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 13, 2017, 14:00 (2629 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Obviously, I really think The Witcher 3 is something special. But I really think it's worth noting how well they made the game for fans of the first two games (Lots of call outs and characters from past events) while not leaving new players feeling confused. I played TW3 first, and I never felt confused. Every time Geralt meets a character he knew from the past games, TW3 does an excellent job of giving context for who that character is, but it does it without it feeling unnatural. They just give the player dialogue options that Geralt would reasonably ask and it all just fills in naturally.

I'd agree except for that shave and answer session with the Nilfgard general after you leave White Orchard. (Heh, I almost typed Whiterun!) He's all like "And then, obviously, you stopped the ultimate evil at the Tower of of the Boss Fight. Did you save <Person I do not know> or did you let <other person I have no clue about> escape."

But yeah, the initial interactions with the huge cast of characters are all fairly well written with context and past history in mind. What's more, the story was able to move forward without being stuck on the past. Part of it was the way that so much had changed with the war and all that past betrayals or friendships were reset enough to make things flow well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread