Levling/Gearing up (Destiny)

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, March 31, 2017, 15:42 (2575 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Bungie makes it too hard to get to max level, however you want to define that.

The systems having to do with leveling up gear changed a lot over time. I think my favorite point was post-House of Wolves. I had multiple sets of high-level gear that I could change out depending on what I was doing. Bonuses for different enemies, boosting different skills, etc.

I get confused about the timelines after that, but I think right before or after TTK was the worst for me. The first infusion system was completely awful and insulting to the player's time.

Even now, I am still only at 399. That is only using my highest level gear, not my favorite gear.

I can only assume they design it that way so that people "have something to work towards," but I dislike that. I like getting the loot, I don't like getting loot that is worthless due to the number attached to it.

There are so many different systems at play, it is hard for a player to tell what matters and what doesn't. Will I be at an actual disadvantage if I am wearing 395 gear as opposed to 400? It is very unclear. I haven't been playing much for the past half year or so, and I find that those kinds of details are very hard to remember (not to mention, kind of boring.)

Going along with this, gear getting outdated and suddenly becoming worthless is a bummer as well. After it happens multiple times, it starts to provoke a *eeyore voice* "what's the point?" response.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread