Hopes and Fears - Des2ny and You. (Destiny)

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, March 31, 2017, 19:13 (2553 days ago) @ dogcow

[*] Change: No RNG for getting a drop. Let us acquire loot based upon non-random stuff, such as completing objectives/missions, killing certain enemies, & such. Barring that how about we don't get duplicate drops until we have received the "full set" and we're guaranteed a drop upon completion of the mission. If you must make us grind for something make it clear, such as "you must defeat crota 5 times to get this weapon." Don't treat us like rats you're training to push a button, random reward is dumb (imho, you can like random reward and I won't hate you, I'll just disagree w/ you).

I thought Mass Effect 3 MP handled this better than Destiny. It was still not "perfect", but better.

Each weapon can be ranked I through X. So once you got a weapon to drop ten times and got to rank X, it is removed from your loot pool. This serves to mathmagically makes the chance of getting another gun greater.

Of course, you could get gun A ten times before ever getting gun B, but you knew that eventually you would get gun B.

I always wished the raids would adopt this behavior--have a checklist, and guns you don't have yet get priority.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread