My one big reservation with Logan... (Off-Topic)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 31, 2017, 18:43 (2576 days ago) @ Korny

I'm totally with Kahzgul here. If anything, you'll probably like Logan MORE as a result of not caring about the other films. But if you appreciate Wolverine as a character on his own, and especially Hugh Jackman's version, you MUST see it. Nowhere else in film has the truly tragic nature of his existence ever been depicted so well, nor has his animal rage.

IMO, Logan is one of the best films I've seen in recent memory, comic book characters or not.

Is that all the previews have made it look like a wholesale "The Last of Us" ripoff...

Jaded (but dangerous) old man who has lost pretty much everything reluctantly agrees to smuggle a special young girl across the country (at the behest of his only close companion) to reach a safe group that can help her, starting off with an initially-shaky relationship before bonding with her and becoming willing to risk everything for her.

Heck, even the marketing wasn't subtle...

[image]

The fact that they're actually making a Last of Us movie really just makes everything a bit weirder, I think...

It reminded me quite a bit of The Last of Us, but I didn't mind because it was so damn good. It killed any interest I had in watching a TLoU movie, because they already nailed it.

On top of that, they also managed to make a movie that is simultaneously the least "comic book-like" of all the X-movies, while also being the most true to what X-Men has always been about out of any of the movies. Quite the balancing act, really.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread