How would you feel about a PvPvE public event? (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 11:07 (2395 days ago) @ Durandal

It's a nice thought, but I hated the implementation of this in The Division. It was far too easy to wait till a team exhausted themselves on the PVE boss or adds, and then swoop in at the last minute and overwhelm them and take their stuff. This happened to me repeatedly, and the people who could grind the higher levels were pretty much invincible.

I don't think this would be like the Division at all. You would still be free to farm the rest of the patrol space unmolested. You don't lose XP upon death, and no one can steal your loot from off your person. they could steal the "win" (maybe) but that happens in PvP every day anyways.

Also, my proposal had a point system based on holding the hill an getting kills. You can't gank someone at the last second and win. You would have to hold the hill for a considerable amount of time to rack up points.

I would instead like to see some "heroic" patrol mode, where random bosses and mechanics were more frequent and the expectation would be a fireteam of 6, with the potential to get to a team of 12.

This would be awesome as well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread