How would you feel about a PvPvE public event? (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 11:21 (2395 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

It's a nice thought, but I hated the implementation of this in The Division. It was far too easy to wait till a team exhausted themselves on the PVE boss or adds, and then swoop in at the last minute and overwhelm them and take their stuff. This happened to me repeatedly, and the people who could grind the higher levels were pretty much invincible.

So maybe a competitive Public Event based on Faction? What about no damage to other guardians, but competitive scoring on PvE aspects is maintained?

I would instead like to see some "heroic" patrol mode, where random bosses and mechanics were more frequent and the expectation would be a fireteam of 6, with the potential to get to a team of 12.

This would be awesome as well.

I like all of these ideas. I'd like to see a running battle styled event, where Guardians need to pursue a mobile boss over much of the map. Obviously commandeered vehicles(and their weapons) would be a huge leg up. Just imagine patrolling in a space and seeing the boss come tearing through with a group of guardians in pursuit. If that doesn't drive up Public Event participation, I don't know what would.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread