How would you feel about a PvPvE public event? (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 11:42 (2394 days ago) @ bluerunner

It's not as well designed trigger as the other events. You have to ignore the enemies standing right next to you shoot a big ball in the sky.

This is true, and I admit I had to be told about it. The thing is, the buff is so short-lived and the combat so frantic that you could easily not notice you HAD a buff at all. And of course, if you do ever try shooting the big blight, which I imagine most people do at least once, you'll pretty likely see "immune" and assume that's not a productive thing to do.

None of that makes it less frustrating, because it's so much easier and quicker to advance the normal event than it is to trigger the heroic version. The blueberries can pretty easily outpace someone who's trying for heroic, even if they aren't necessarily trying to race to the finish. The other events all have something mitigating the direct competition, except maybe the Fallen walker, but the heroic trigger mechanism on that one is obvious enough that most of the randos I've run into went for it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread