Help (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 18:35 (2348 days ago) @ Oholiab

Sorry for being out of the loop. Could someone please summarize the community’s issues? A bullet list will suffice.

I'll give it a shot as I understand it from the viewpoint of "the internet." These are all quickshot generalizations.

• Destiny 2 Launches
• Players reach max rank after week 1 from grinding for the raid
• The raid was disappointing, players are angry
• Color shaders are consumable, players are angry
• Various other things happen that are different than D1, players are angry
• Iron Banner releases, token system seems silly, RNG is frustrating, players are angry
• etc, etc, etc, this type of stuff

So all this generic stuff is happening when all of a sudden...

• Last week or so, Redditers do some guerilla sherlock holmesing and discover that XP awarded to players does not match the progress bar award and that Bungie is allegedly throttling XP gains effectively slowing down our rate of earning bright engrams, which is a microtransaction item. As this rumor gains traction around the webbers, Bungie releases a statement that is less than comforting.

Whether there were nefariousness at foot or not, it was generally seen as "not a good look"

Players are now really angry.

I think that covers it.

------

General footnotes. I'm not a journalist yet feel inclined to to postface (is that the opposite of preface?) this post. These are all views "as I understood them". I'm a Bungie fan and generally give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't follow blindly. So with whatever ignorant journalistic jazz I have, there you go.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread