+ & - of RNG Weapon Perks (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 10:12 (2348 days ago) @ squidnh3

Are people really upset that RNG Weapon perks have been removed? Serious question.

One thing I liked about them was getting a weapon that was "yours". The Uriels Gift I use in D2 is the same as everyone else's. The Red Hand IX, the Finalla's Peril, the Extrophile I had in D1 were all unique to me, and that was cool.

I thought the way it worked in Age of Triump was a good balance, where the vendors would sell very good rolls every week, and if you wanted you could try to prioritize drops toward a god roll.

What I don't miss about it is the pool of crappy useless perks, and having to agonize over which rolls were better (staring down a constantly full Vault).

Come on Squid, you can have your own Uriels Gift by applying one of 50+ shaders.

I just wish we could buy a base level gun and then change passive perks on the weapons. nothing that will become a must-have, but maybe reload quicker, aim down sights quicker, etc... Needing a counterbalance mod to make a weapon usable is not fun.

Not sure if I would go the full weapon crafting route? maybe just a mix of weapon mods that actually change passive perks up?

I'd actually be fine if they just got rid of all the variations of a weapon archetype and just had a single customizable version of a weapon per archetype.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread