+ & - of RNG Weapon Perks (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 06:25 (2347 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Needing a counterbalance mod to make a weapon usable is not fun.

What guns need a counterbalance mod to be usable?

I'm genuinely curious, if you have any offhand.

Maybe the word "usable" was a little vague. all weapons are usable, but there are a lot of weapons that counterbalance will make them a viable choice. You High RoF autorifles were a good example from D1, they were always decent as bullet hoses, but when you added counterbalance then all of the sudden the weapons became a laser.

I still find counterbalance armor mods make autorifles of all archetype simply better in D2.

Pulse rifles on anything other than the slow heavy-hitting versions, counterbalance was always an advantage to have. it tightened bullet spread and made the recoil completely vertical allowing for easier headshots.

I'd actually be fine if they just got rid of all the variations of a weapon archetype and just had a single customizable version of a weapon per archetype.

I agree, honestly. The Khvostov was a surprisingly nice Exotic, despite its lack of a real Exotic perk. Modularity just sounds fun, to me, and it would probably help make better parity between the archetypes.

Khvostov was a good base example of what I'm thinking. Instead of changing archetypes within the weapon, I'd rather just see the core weapon become modifiable. Let me select my scope and a few passive perks (reload, aim down sights, etc..). Instead of limits the perk options across a few weapons, just dump all the perks into a single weapon, but only allow me to select a few.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread