Here’s another one to watch (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 13:30 (2242 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Nothing like spending $500 on a console and using it to play a decade old game . . .

Heh, at least you're using the darn thing!

I bought a PS4 Pro and a Switch just after christmas, and I haven't used either of them since new years, other than a few games of Mario Kart with my daughter from time to time.

That's the thing. I haven't touched anything but my One X since I bought it. I have a Pro and a Switch as well. The Switch hasn't been used in ages, but I genuinely like the device enough to not just sell it, which I honestly thought about doing. I don't travel much, but the Switch has been nice to have for those rare occasions that I have. Hopefully we'll get another Zelda game on it before Nintendo puts out a new system.

Having a PS4 and an Xbox is sort of dumb in the long run, but I've already spent the money now, and it's nice to know I've got my bases covered for exclusives. That's really sort of why I got a One X--I was itching for a good racing game (Forza!), which PS4 lacks, and rumors of a new Fable and the inevitable Halo 6, I knew I was going to end up with one sooner or later anyway. It doesn't make much logical sense to have both, but it feels right, despite that fact that I haven't even turned the PS4 on in weeks.

The biggest pain now is going to be deciding which platform to get games on. I might have to forego getting things at launch and wait for Digital Foundry to do their thing to see which version is better.

And also, Mass Effect 2 is seriously good. Like, I forgot how good.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread