I ran Tier 3 last night a couple times (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 13, 2018, 22:44 (2054 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Totally agree on wishing there was a better way to get decent group size... but disagree on the rest...

EP to me was either totally impossible or completely boring. There was never an in-between. The one time I was in a group big enough to beat all the rounds... I did not matter. I sat atop the EP towers and grumbled to myself as bosses in the later rounds died in a matter of a handful of seconds. And this was before everyone got the gamebreakingly overpowered Whisper. I can only imagine I'd be downright infuriated if I did an EP with a group now. It comes back to the fact that I like playing Destiny, and having one person be able to kill a boss by themselves quicker than entire teams could otherwise feels like it robs me of getting to participate.

I like the Blind Well, because it lets me be awesome. Because the smaller, more numerous enemies largely eliminate the ability for single target weapons to break the gameplay. Every game has felt like a struggle to beat it and only rarely has it felt like whatever team I was in did not have a chance. And then, it only felt hopeless when we clearly had too few people. Most of the rest of the times each cycle has been tense but ultimately manageable... if only just.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread