Friendly Fire in Destiny, or "sry i nova bombed ur face lol" (Destiny)

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, January 27, 2014, 13:29 (3749 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I realise your question Duncan is aimed at the competitive multiplayer portion, but I think there's a tantalising wild west wasteland to coming across another fireteam in trouble and entertaining the consideration of robbing them blind, RUST style.

It's not at all what Bungie are going for, but it does kind of rustle my gimmies.
Maybe a 7/7 server level setting ;-).

I'm generally in the "friendly fire on" camp on the competitive side, it forces players to be tighter with what they shoot and when they shoot.
There's an extra sense of blasé about the whole arena if a teammate can run up with a rocket launcher and blow away the guy next to you because friendly fire is off.
It lowers the skill barrier.

However ["this boy be back and forth like a yo-yo"], if friendly fire is off in one arena and on in another, it leads to an inconsistent learning and play experience, where bad or rather lazy habits are picked up in "Campaign" are brought into competitive arena where things are potentially different.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread