friendly fire 'off' = absurd (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 09:33 (3748 days ago) @ ridum

The whole idea is ridonkulous.

Bungie will make sure that there are no 'gangs' robbing people we can be sure of that…

I think you are going to be disappointed if you think it's ridiculous then. They have already said people can't attack you at random. I agree with zeouterlimits, I love friendly fire when I pick who plays with me in a game like Halo. I even understand what they are going for in games like Rust and Day Z. In a game like Destiny though, you aren't a random person with questionable alliances running into an unknown entity, you're supposed to be allies on the same team working to save humanity. If a random character could come up to you and shoot you in the face in the middle of your mission and then teabag your body it's little consolation to you if he gets a bad mark on his record, and will make you NOT want to team up with random allies as much. In my opinion different games require different methods of managing randoms, and from what I understand about Destiny I don't think letting anyone shoot anyone at any time will build the environment or community Bungie is aiming for.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread